Wolfbagger sample rate reducer questions

Started by tlaubs, September 24, 2013, 04:16:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tlaubs

I just finished making the pcb for the wolf bagger project, but had a quick question:  The project file shows there to be 5 jumpers, but I cannot tell where they go or what they are.  can someone take a look at this project file and give me a little advice?

Here is a link to the project file:

https://sites.google.com/site/electroconducive/wolfbagger-aliaserproject

Thanks

anchovie

They're labelled on the PCB as J1-J5, just like on the parts list. Use the excess leads that you clip off the resistors to connect the two holes for each one together.
Bringing you yesterday's technology tomorrow.

PRR

Hard to see on my monitor. Negative-image is easier.

Yes, the art looks like a resistor, but in fact you use a scrap of wire.

(BTW: there ARE "zero Ohm" resistors. Robots don't do bare wire well, but can handle resistors. Sometimes cheaper to buy zero-ohm resistors and load them in your robot than to pay a human to fiddle with wire. In DIY work it's all resistor-scrap; or if the jumper is longer than your scrap, any handy wire.)
  • SUPPORTER

tlaubs

Thanks, I see it not; I thought they  were resistors at first look.

tlaubs

I wanted to do the following mod posted in the original thread to make the pot settings more useful:

Remove the 50K frequency pot, replace with an 82K resistor, replace R20 with the 50K frequency pot wired in series with a 1K resistor

But on the first try it did not work out.  Can someone explain how to wire this?  I am guessing that the 82K pot goes between hole 3 and 2 of the original freq pot. But how would I wire the 50K pot with a 1k in series?

Thanks

duck_arse

if you look on the circuit diagram at "frequency" and R21, you have a 50k pot wired in series w/ 1k resistor. look the circuit board how they wire together, and you have to translate that into the space provided for R20.

if you stand the 1k resistor on one end in the top R20 hole, run a wire from the free end to your pot "3", then a wire from pot "1" and "2" back to the lower R20 hole, you'll be in business.
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.