(SOLVED) Lovepedal amp 11 help

Started by winnetouch, July 03, 2021, 11:04:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

winnetouch

Hy guys,

I got myself a PCB from Pedal Mania. But I'm having some issues even powering on the PCB. I've got the older revision of the board.

The documentation is here:
https://pcbguitarmania.com/product/beloved-timmy/

The thing is, the PCB is either for a Timmy pedal or an Amp 11. I'm building an Amp 11. Nowhere in the document is it made clear what to do with the D5, D6 and D7 sockets. Do you jump them with a jumper? Same for the TIM socket. It says to jump it in the schematic but it says to leave it empty in the bill of materials.

Same for the SYM and ASYM sockets where switches for the Timmy would go. Do you jump it somewhere?

Has anyone ever built this pedal with this PCB?

As you can see for now I left the Diode sockets empty but I tried jumping the TIM socket. Still no power to the pedal.

Voltages:

DC socket = 8,85V
IC pins: 1 = 4,56V, 2 = 4,56V, 3 = 3,7V, 4 = 0V, 5 = 4,56V, 6 = 4,56V, 7 = 4,58V, 8 = 8,23V
transistor pins: 1 = 1,2V, 2 = 1,75V, 3 = 6,14V

duck_arse

you will be taking all the standard voltage measures - DC socket, IC pins, transistor pins, Vref, board supply - and posting them here soon, yes?

edit: don't jump diodes if you aren't fitting them, it will kill your gain. don't fit the TIM link if you aren't building a tim. it is not helpful, Pedalparts, when the pcb does not match the build docs, either of them, and both V1.0 and V1.1 docs have the exact same revision number and date, all the way thru.
don't make me draw another line.

winnetouch

Quote from: duck_arse on July 03, 2021, 11:16:12 AM
you will be taking all the standard voltage measures - DC socket, IC pins, transistor pins, Vref, board supply - and posting them here soon, yes?

edit: don't jump diodes if you aren't fitting them, it will kill your gain. don't fit the TIM link if you aren't building a tim. it is not helpful, Pedalparts, when the pcb does not match the build docs, either of them, and both V1.0 and V1.1 docs have the exact same revision number and date, all the way thru.

Hi, I added the voltages to the original post. I'm not sure what you mean by Vref and board supply. If you mean what kind of power supply I use, it's a 9 AC power plug I use with a lot of my other pedals. The PSU works.

PRR

> I'm having some issues even powering on the PCB.

What does that mean? Smoke? Screams?

Those diodes are for tone, have nothing to do with "powering on".

Your DC voltages look about right. (The Base looks low due to meter loading.)
  • SUPPORTER

winnetouch

I mean the LEDs don't turn on and there is no sound coming out of the pedal. The bypass works though. So only when the effect is turned on or the booster is turned on the pedal doesn't work.

EDIT: I removed the PCB from the case, removed all the wires, and resoldered them. Now the freakin' thing works. I have no clue what went wrong, I even used the same wires. There were no cold solder joints. Whatever. It works. Thanks, guys.