Most efficient phaser algorithm?

Started by SISKO, February 03, 2013, 12:56:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SISKO

Whats the best way to code a phaser effect algorithm? (1)Is it just to code (n) series of allpass filters, mixing dry + wet, and fb?? Is there any more efficient way of doing it? (any equation that simplifies the system, tapped delays, matrix, pointer?

Ive wrote as in (1) and it works ok. My equation for the filter is:
a = c;
c = ((k) * (a)) + *in; //c would be the first node in spinsemi web
d = (c * (-1) * k) + a; //out

where
d = out
*in = in

by brute force of observing this flow diagram http://www.spinsemi.com/knowledge_base/effects.html#Phase_shifting

--Is there any body out there??--

juancra

Sisko, It's me, J201 from el cuartito diyer forum =) .Did you get into programming anything for the FV-1? .

SISKO

Hey J! Glad to see you! No, Im into dsp stuff but not the FV-1. Im learning all the techniques and aplying them in a pluging form to test them.
Ive used the techniques (flow diagrams) in the fv-1 site with great succes. Are you having troubles with it?
--Is there any body out there??--

juancra

Yes, a lot of to be precise lol. I'd like to develop a spring reverb but I consider it quite impossible due to my lack of time between my daughter, college, work and a fender champ I'm 'finishing' since a year ago lol. I recently made an important update though, I fired up ElmGen design environment for FV1. The guy there ported the whole Fv-1 assembler to java, which makes it a lot easier to program and test.. but still, it's ages from me.