Layouts and Copyright infringements

Started by The Rocket From The Tombs, February 19, 2013, 12:37:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin Mitchell

Well now we have the backstory of the dude.
If I were you... I'd silkscreen a casually dressed santa flipping the bird on the next batch of PCBs.
  • SUPPORTER
This hobby will be the deaf of me

pinkjimiphoton

funny shit,
i got contacted today on ebay by some guy "wanting to be my friend" complaing a guitar i have listed CHEAP couldn't "possibly be " what i listed, and accused me of adding a cheap sticker to a neck plate and all kinds of other bullshit, before telling me i should pull my listing so i don't get in trouble.

in the listing, its got a ? after the brand, and i state quite clearly the guitar was identified by the sticker on the neck plate, and that it's been refinished. and that i DON't know what it is, so bid accordingly.

i priced it 10x below what the item would be if i knew it was legit. which is probably what got him going, betting he's trying to sell one for big bux and getting nowhere, mine is selling in about 8 more hours.

sheesh. people.
  • SUPPORTER
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
Slava Ukraini!
"try whacking the bejesus outta it and see if it works again"....
~Jack Darr

patrick398

Quote from: Kevin Mitchell on February 11, 2019, 09:46:01 AM
cooped up in his basement running through the radio scanner with his tinfoil hat trying to find enlightenment through foreign signals.

I think i just found my epitaph

pinkjimiphoton

• SUPPORTER
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
Slava Ukraini!
"try whacking the bejesus outta it and see if it works again"....
~Jack Darr

ElectricDruid

He looks like the Sequential Prophet wizard in that photo.

Kevin Mitchell

Quote from: ElectricDruid on February 11, 2019, 01:28:37 PM
He looks like the Sequential Prophet wizard in that photo.

I guess we could call him... The Profit Wizard
ba dum chhh

I'll see myself out.
  • SUPPORTER
This hobby will be the deaf of me

Electric Warrior

Quote from: ElectricDruid on February 10, 2019, 07:12:36 PM
If the circuit isn't protected by patent (and very few are) and you haven't directly copied the original PCB artwork, you're not infringing any copyright at all. Do note however that you can't use trademarked names to sell your product, but you seem to be wise to that already, if as you say the "AC360" trademark is owned by CNN. Since CNN don't operate in the guitar pedal/music technology world, you wouldn't be infringing their trademark either, as far as I can see (trademarks are limited to a specific area of business).

Also, the name "Acoustic" would be too generic in the field of musical instruments and accesories. Ever play an acoustic guitar? Maybe even through an acoustic guitar amp? Even if someone managed to register it as a trademark, it could be challenged for obvious reasons.

PRR

• SUPPORTER

duck_arse

Quote from: rankot on February 11, 2019, 10:16:45 AM
Well, I did some research and found out that this guy really have produced Acoustic 360 amps and boxes, and it seems that he probably had some kind of license for that.

https://web.archive.org/web/20131114033752/http://acousticbassusa.com/

However, site is dead right now.

Guido does IT as well?
don't make me draw another line.

Eb7+9

Wondering how much George paid to keep this brand in the US ?

https://goo.gl/images/UddE9h