Useful software from Adobe

Started by Zipslack, February 20, 2013, 03:01:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zipslack

I don't know how many of you have seen this, but Adobe has taken down their activation servers for CreativeSuite 2 and released a version that doesn't require the activation.  Full downloads and a serial code are provided on Adobe's site.  Technically, this is supposed to be for customers that have an existing licensed copy of CS2 to replace their current version which can't activate any more.  Oddly enough, Adobe doesn't have any checks to make sure that you have a licensed copy already.....

If you need PhotoShop and/or Illustrator, go here http://www.adobe.com/downloads/cs2_downloads/index.html

This version is sort of old (2005, I think), but still perfectly workable.

Edit - forgot that you can also just download one package without the entire suite, and there are other useful software packages also available for download.

J0K3RX

Doesn't matter what you did to get it... If it sounds good, then it is good!

gcme93

Doesn't work on the latest versions of Apple though :/ I ended up installing the windows version on my mac via bootcamp :)
Piss poor playing is why i make pedals.

Zipslack

That's almost as bad as me installing stuff in Windows XP, running inside VirtualBox, hosted on my Linux Mint system....

Resynthesis

Don't forget Audition either, it's still a pretty decent audio editor

gcme93

Quote from: Zipslack on February 21, 2013, 10:06:42 AM
That's almost as bad as me installing stuff in Windows XP, running inside VirtualBox, hosted on my Linux Mint system....

I've also set it to open as if in Windows XP despite being a Windows 7 OS.

Soo an apple Mac pretending to be Windows 7, pretending to be Windows XP and Photoshop doesn't suspect a thing ;)  :icon_cool:

Jdansti

FYI from Adobe: (http://www.adobe.com/downloads/cs2_downloads/index.html)

"Adobe has disabled the activation server for CS2 products, including Acrobat 7, because of a technical issue. These products were released more than seven years ago, do not run on many modern operating systems, and are no longer supported."

"Adobe strongly advises against running unsupported and outdated software. The serial numbers below should only be used by customers who legitimately purchased CS2 or Acrobat 7 and need to maintain their current use of these products."
  • SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

bluesdevil

So the serials will only work with legitimate already activated product?
"I like the box caps because when I'm done populating the board it looks like a little city....and I'm the Mayor!" - armdnrdy

gcme93

Quote from: bluesdevil on February 21, 2013, 06:37:12 PM
So the serials will only work with legitimate already activated product?

Nope, they definitely work straight out if you download it today. Check that your OS supports the old programs though. It's likely that it won't...

weasle76

The serial worked for me last night, and I didn't have any CS2 products installed prior to that.
Just downloaded the 3 CS2 .dmg files, set it off installing and entered the serial when prompted.
Installed, activated, working, no problems!

Oh, I'm running OSX 10.5.8 on an old HP550 (gotta love the hackintosh), not tried it on my XP machine yet.
For full list of my shi... I mean stuff, please visit my BandMix page. http://www.bandmix.co.uk/waynep76/

bluesdevil

Thanks, I'll give it a shot!! I have  XP and another with Vista.
"I like the box caps because when I'm done populating the board it looks like a little city....and I'm the Mayor!" - armdnrdy

Jdansti

Adobe is just saying that they are providing the serial numbers to allow people who have purchased the software in the past to continue to maintain it. It's kind if an honor system thing.
  • SUPPORTER

mac

I still have Photoshop v.1 Install Disk.

mac
mac@mac-pc:~$ sudo apt-get install ECC83 EL84

pickdropper

I actually asked somebody at Adobe about this when the links were first published.

As Jdansti said, this is merely them ceasing to run their activation servers on old product; it happens all the time.  If you get a serial number that is valid, it should work, but it is not a legal install.  It's up to the individual to decide how much that matters to them.

Jdansti

Quote from: mac on February 22, 2013, 07:58:31 AM
I still have Photoshop v.1 Install Disk.

mac

Cool, but what's that square thing???  ;)
  • SUPPORTER