Show us your SMD stuff.

Started by alparent, March 05, 2013, 02:39:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DirkM

Diy modern DSP project in a 1590A enclosure  ;)

Ice-9

Two tier PCB's main board and plugin top control PCB

www.stanleyfx.co.uk

Sanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same result. Mick Taylor

Please at least have 1 forum post before sending me a PM demanding something.

bluebunny

Nice one, Mick.  Very cute.  :icon_cool:  What is it?
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

Ice-9

Quote from: bluebunny on August 15, 2018, 08:44:01 AM

Cheers Mark, it is the Baby Blue Echo, Meazzi and Vox long tom tape echo emulations.
www.stanleyfx.co.uk

Sanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same result. Mick Taylor

italianguy63

Quote from: Ice-9 on August 15, 2018, 08:58:45 AM

Cheers Mark, it is the Baby Blue Echo, Meazzi and Vox long tom tape echo emulations.

That's awesome work!

Is R35 missing on purpose?  (Just noticed C29 also)

I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

Ice-9

Quote from: italianguy63 on August 15, 2018, 09:26:43 AM
Quote from: Ice-9 on August 15, 2018, 08:58:45 AM

That's awesome work!

Is R35 missing on purpose?  (Just noticed C29 also)

Yeah both not fitted, R35 was not used in the circuit and C29 is part of the bypass LED for help with bypass pop but not needed anyway and I had none left for now.
www.stanleyfx.co.uk

italianguy63

Just wanted to be sure!  After you box it up and it doesn't work you want to die!!

;)

MC
I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

MJ_Sound_Cubed

Do you guys make arduino based pedals as well? Or only PIC?
♫♪.ılılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılılı.♫♪

MJ Sound Cubed
--------------------------------------------
Community driven website to share your work at soundcubed.com

Ice-9

www.stanleyfx.co.uk

MJ_Sound_Cubed

Are these circuits shared somewhere? Or the PCBs purchasable somewhere?  ;)
♫♪.ılılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılılı.♫♪

MJ Sound Cubed
--------------------------------------------
Community driven website to share your work at soundcubed.com

ElectricDruid

Quote from: Ice-9 on September 07, 2018, 04:11:16 PM
Quote from: MJ_Sound_Cubed on September 07, 2018, 03:52:57 PM
Do you guys make arduino based pedals as well? Or only PIC?

Both

And then some. The last two posted were an Arm chip and an FV-1, not either PIC or AVR.

vigilante397

I decided it's been way too long since somebody posted in this thread, so here's what I've been working on recently:

Bipolar power supply: I decided I was tired of playing with Tubescreamer variants so I'm going to play with a Providence Stampede SOV-2 and see where that takes me. I liked their idea of bipolar ±15V rails, but I didn't like how they got it (9V in -> 7805 down to 5V -> expensive module for bipolar outputs) so I designed my own supply that goes straight from 9V to ±15V with a cheap yet efficient switcher. I spaced the pins so it can drop straight onto the breadboard and I will be playing with it eventually when I have some time ::)

Tidepool: It's a Shoot the Moon tremolo. That's it. The original version that's out on the internet fit in a 1590B just fine with through-hole components, but 1) I wanted board-mounted pots and 2) SMD is neat.

BrontoChorus: EHX Small Clone with board-mounted pots and form-factored for a 1590B. I have a bunch of V3207, but I forgot to swap to positive rails so it has to take MN3007 :P

Black Mirror: I'm more proud if this than I am of pretty much anything so far, even though it's still in the testing stage. This is a Deluxe Memory man with board mounted pots and form-factored for a 1590B. Think that's pretty cool? Check this out: It takes a standard +9V input but runs internally at -15V, but keeping a neutral ground so it can still play nice daisy-chained. Again I used a neat little switcher to go from +9V to -15V internally. Unfortunately the modern production V3205 (which I have loads of) only runs up to 11V max, so this also will require MN3005s. Oops. Also I didn't follow the routing guidelines for my switcher so it's not giving me the current output it's supposed to, so I'm dealing with that (which is why the upper-right corner is torn up). Anyway, seriously super proud of myself ;D

• SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

alanp

Quote from: vigilante397 on December 27, 2018, 01:12:03 AM
Black Mirror: I'm more proud if this than I am of pretty much anything so far, even though it's still in the testing stage.

You should be proud of all of that!

mookyj

One prototype I can show as all my customers I have are under NDA. for reference this board will fit in the palm of your hand.

duck_arse

welcome, mookyj - can you explain something I've often wondered at? those interlocking fingers tracks, and the ones that go back and forth in a long line - what do they do, printed inductors? timing delays? something else?
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

mookyj

those would be matched nets such as LVDS pairs, differential pairs, data busses, etc. sometimes called accordions. 

vigilante397

Quote from: duck_arse on December 28, 2018, 08:26:34 AM
those interlocking fingers tracks, and the ones that go back and forth in a long line - what do they do?

High-speed signals like the ones mookyj listed (often referred to as differential pairs) need to be length-matched for signal integrity, and accordion-ing is the typical way to tune the lengths of the traces.

So mookyj, are you going to tell us what it does? :D You don't often see a single board, especially a small one, with three FPGA's on it! :icon_eek:
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

mookyj

handles very high speed video from image sensor, processing, 80K frames a second, 138db Dynamic range , single electron noise reads

gena_p1

Quote from: Ice-9 on August 15, 2018, 08:09:24 AM
Two tier PCB's main board and plugin top control PCB

looking good, interesting why do you use 3x multiturn trims and one usual?

gena_p1

Little evolution of Twin/Olympic preamps