Anyone made a "mini-fuzz" (small enclosure)

Started by edson, March 29, 2013, 04:32:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

edson

Hi, has someone here ever made a three knob fuzz (tone, fuzz, bias) on a tiny enclosure?

I'm talking TC Electronic Ditto Looper, or Mooer pedal size?

I would like to build one. I have a BYOC ESV Fuzz that its pretty nice (I bought some germanium transistors for it). Now, I'd like to have something similar, or the same in a small enclosure. I do realise though, that it's going to be super tight. Does anyone know of a PCB or schematic that could help me on the way?

I assume that it is possible to get smaller pots than the "standard" ones etc?

Let me know if I'm out of my mind and this is not possible ;)

Best regards,
Edson

John Lyons

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

edson

Thanks, awesome. I will have a look then :)

/Edson

edson

Haha, cool!

I guess I have plenty of room for my three-knob fuzz :)

petey twofinger

yeah that is a neat lil guy .

i read someone comment about the 1590a size . what they were saying was that when you add the extra width of the 90 connectors on the side it comes out to be the same size if you would have used a a 1590b and had the input / output jacks mounted on the topside . i am not sure how 100 percent acurate this is but when i thought about it , it did make sense . not to discourage you , i suppose those jacks are a fact of life so ... they have to go somewhere right ?

the first build i did was an amz mosfet boost with one knob in a 1590a , and it went off smoothly , kind of just fit fine , but i didn't make too much effort to think small or nothin ,its only one knob , tiny circuit . i would like to do something with more than one knob in  1590a sometime . i have to find some 9mm pots somewhere . it is a cool idea , but it does take more planning and effort , trying to get cho cram on .
im learning , we'll thats what i keep telling myself