Author Topic: 4 simple buffers in one patchbay  (Read 5678 times)

HeMeleNoLilo

4 simple buffers in one patchbay
« on: March 29, 2013, 04:08:30 AM »
I just found out that i really need a buffer for my pedalboard, it's quite big with 10 pedals and the input is split two times during the process:

Bass guitar input --> Pedal board -->
1. Bass guitar signal output
2. Guitar signal output
3. Synth signal output

With one input and three outputs I also need a patchbay so I'm now going to build a buffered 4x4 patchbay.

I have the parts for a basic buffer a'la beavisaudio: http://www.beavisaudio.com/techpages/Buffers/BuildOneBuffer.gif

My idea is just to make 4 of these buffers in one box, and my big question mark is the power supply. Do you think I just can hardwire all four buffers to the same 9v DC jacket? Do I need to have more volts? Any spontaneous input?

Thanks

bluebunny

Re: 4 simple buffers in one patchbay
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2013, 02:27:21 PM »
You'll have no problem powering four of these from whatever 9V supply you have.  And if you're feeling adventurous, use a TL074 instead of 4x TL071.
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

HeMeleNoLilo

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2013, 05:54:06 AM »
aah! Of course thats the difference - thank you for enlightening me!

And if I use the TL074, I still make 4 sections with resistors, film capacitors and led, but connect them all to their own corner of the TL074?

Thanks for the answer to the power question, now I feel more comfortable getting this started!

bluebunny

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2013, 12:53:13 PM »
And if I use the TL074, I still make 4 sections with resistors, film capacitors and led, but connect them all to their own corner of the TL074?

Yep.  You'll build exactly four of the things shown on the Beavis schematic, except that the opamps all live in one package (the TL074).  You should end up with a nicely symmetrical layout.
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...