I can't be the only one who solders like this.

Started by stonerbox, November 03, 2021, 06:49:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stonerbox

There is nothing more to be said or to be done tonight, so hand me over my violin and let us try to forget for half an hour the miserable weather and the still more miserable ways of our fellowmen. - Holmes

EBK

I hold the soldering iron in one hand and a beer in the other.  I dispense the solder by -- actually, I'd better not reveal that secret.   :icon_redface:

Your method is probably more hygienic than mine.

Interesting lighting in that photo, by the way. 
  • SUPPORTER
Technical difficulties.  Please stand by.

stonerbox

HAAH!! Do tell now!
The sweet thing about rolling up the solder like this is it lets me hold components/cables with the rest of the free fingers.

Oh, that is just a keyboard and a green LED bleeding in from a pedal I am working on right now, so no real magic.. yet!
There is nothing more to be said or to be done tonight, so hand me over my violin and let us try to forget for half an hour the miserable weather and the still more miserable ways of our fellowmen. - Holmes

Marcos - Munky

This is actually a very creative way and it seems to be very easy to put solder where you want to!

eh la bas ma

I often need to pull more solder from the wire roll with this hand.
That's my only concern at first sight.

I will try the Rolling Finger protocol and report.
"One Cannot derogate, by particular conventions, from the Laws which relate to public Order and good Morals." Article 6 of the Civil Code.
"We must not confuse what we are and what society has made of us." Theodor W. Adorno.

davent

Quote from: eh la bas ma on November 07, 2021, 04:17:10 PM
I often need to pull more solder from the wire roll with this hand.
That's my only concern at first sight.

I will try the Rolling Finger protocol and report.

I stand the spool of solder on a small lazy susan bearing and can feed solder endlessly without having to stop and reload. uncoil.
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

mozz

• SUPPORTER

iainpunk

i hold a tiny roll of solder around my pinky finger, its very tight so it keeps its direction quite well

cheers
friendly reminder: all holes are positive and have negative weight, despite not being there.

cheers

Ben N

• SUPPORTER

amz-fx

iainpunk

Quote from: amz-fx on November 10, 2021, 09:03:28 AM

I have stopped using this technique...

:) Jack
ah, the well known technique called ''chicken fingers'', because of its smell

cheers
friendly reminder: all holes are positive and have negative weight, despite not being there.

cheers

Rob Strand

Send:     . .- .-. - .... / - --- / --. --- .-. -
According to the water analogy of electricity, transistor leakage is caused by holes.