Author Topic: Does not boost when using distortion effects.  (Read 11992 times)

jhferguson

Does not boost when using distortion effects.
« on: April 04, 2013, 03:30:08 PM »
Can anyone tell my why this pedal does not boost when I try and use a distortion effect on my multieffect pedal? When using a clean effect it boosts no problem and sounds really good but any type of distortion effect it will not boost. Any help is very appreciated!! Thanks again!!

wavley

Re: Does not boost when using distortion effects.
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2013, 04:12:59 PM »
If you're using it before the distortion it's likely just making you clip more, try using it after the distortion and it will boost.
New and exciting innovations in current technology!

Bone is in the fingers.

EccoHollow Art & Sound

eccohollow.bandcamp.com

aron

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2013, 06:00:53 PM »
Yes, it's only making your input signal into the distortion bigger. Not affecting the output of the distortion as much.

Aron

jimilee

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2013, 12:27:02 AM »
The other option I found useful was to put the boost in the effects loop and the distortion pedal in the chain to the input.

jhferguson

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2013, 02:37:08 PM »
Unfortunately I am not cool enough to have an "effects loop" really. I basically have a multipedal (Fender Mustang Floor) and my little lead boost pedal and that is it...lol So go from my guitar into the boost and out of the boost into the multi-effects pedal out to the amp?

jhferguson

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2013, 02:38:26 PM »
Wait, let me try again. From my guitar into the multi-effect pedal then out of there into the boost and then out to my amp correct?

tombaker

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2013, 11:19:06 PM »
Yeah that's right, sounds like that's the problem.
Most multi FX pedals have some kind of compressor/limiter on the output, also something you can probably change, but if you're boosting the signal before the multi FX it's most likely just going to hit the compressor/limiter harder and not boost your overall level.
Blue Box, Harmonic Perculator, Brian May Treble Boost, Klon Vero, Fuzz Face Germ/Sili, Echo Base Delay, CS-3 Monte Allums Mod, JLM 1290 Mic Pres, JLM Mono Mic Pres, Engineer's Thumb, A/B/C & A/B boxes, Tiny Giant Amp, Microamp

jhferguson

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2013, 11:45:43 AM »
Thank you everyone for your feedback and input!!