Magnus modulus, question about switches

Started by JebemMajke, April 05, 2013, 06:59:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JebemMajke

I really like this thing. It's awesome to have tremolo, chorus and delay in one box.

But do i really need two 3pdt's. I mean they are really expensive in my country, 10 euros per piece. @#$%in steal. Can;t i just use dpdt with milli 2 bypass? And dpdt/spdt for delay switch?

I have no intention of using it as a gain boost. I want it clean, so the gain pot is out, Ill place 50k trim there. And I'll use stomp switch for tremolo, not toggle. Spdt or dpdt?

PRR

> do i really need two 3pdt's.

Help me out. I am only seeing three SPST switches. What am I missing?
  • SUPPORTER

JebemMajke

On the original thread guy who made this thing used 2 "stompable" 3pdt's, one for bypass and one for delay sw. And 2 toggle switches for tremolo, chorus.
http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=72527.0

slacker

If you want true bypass you can use a DPDT and millennium bypass. If you want the delay switch to be a stomp, then you only need a SPST but DPDT is probably easier to buy so you can use half a DPDT to switch the delay and the other half to switch a LED if you want one.

Personally I wouldn't bother adding true bypass, I would make the delay and tremolo switches stomps, turning bother those off bypasses it.

JebemMajke

Quote from: slacker on April 06, 2013, 06:01:08 AM
If you want true bypass you can use a DPDT and millennium bypass. If you want the delay switch to be a stomp, then you only need a SPST but DPDT is probably easier to buy so you can use half a DPDT to switch the delay and the other half to switch a LED if you want one.

Personally I wouldn't bother adding true bypass, I would make the delay and tremolo switches stomps, turning bother those off bypasses it.
So let me get this straight. Delay switch would turn chorus, delay and tremolo off? Thus leaving me with NE5532 buffer?
In that case I would like delay, tremolo and chorus to be stompable switches. One question, can chorus and delay work at the same time here?