Fuchs Replay Jr Question (9VDC to 300V)

Started by Paul Marossy, April 17, 2013, 11:13:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mykaitch

In the old days a car used a contact breaker (points) which in effect made it AC like.
TVs used to use around 200-350vDC HT, through a flyback transformer to get 25kV,so the HT is actually switched like the points.
Blackstar do much the same with a 500uH coil and an osc. Really you can get about any voltage you like from another.
I use  an ignition coil run by a 555 timer to keep cats away.
What you can't do is take DC and simply pump it up--it has to be switched somehow.
PS Fault fixed, MOSFET runs cold

lead2203

Quote from: puretube on April 23, 2013, 03:37:04 AM
Quote from: Paul Marossy on April 17, 2013, 11:13:09 AM
I'm not looking for a schematic or anything like that, I'm just wondering how the heck they convert 9VDC to 300V. Anyone know how they accomplish that?

http://www.fuchsaudiotechnology.com/products-plush-detail.php?id=00_tube_delay_replay

A link in the "Slicing Bread"-thread leads to the:
"Twin Powers" (see: reply#4), mentioning the:
"Sky-Hi"-circuit,
which lends itself to creating high supply voltages for various purposes like explained in the:
"PMPS", and the:
"Head-Ex"-threads...
(b.o.m. here...)

this way doesn`t cause such awful disharmonic waveform-spikes in the power-supply...

Also useful for here...
May be its just me but , I'm having a hard time fallowing you're ideas... because of the way you skip all over the place..go to these 4 or 5 threads thing... It makes it hard to wrap my head around this... Is there one thread to get the basic idea? It seems very interesting.

J0K3RX

This post is kinda old. You are not the only one having a hard time following puretube...  :icon_wink: look at post 7 bout sums it up.
Doesn't matter what you did to get it... If it sounds good, then it is good!