The 'Gilmour' Build Guide (Deluxe Electric Mistress V4 Clone)

Started by GGBB, April 24, 2013, 07:56:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stallik

It's at the top of my list ... I promiss! Just not getting much time for building at the moment.
Box is almost ready though,

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

GGBB

Gorgeous!  What enclosure is that?  How is it painted/decaled/etc?
  • SUPPORTER

Govmnt_Lacky

@Gord

Looks like a powder coated sparkle 1790 with waterslide  8)

Am I right? Do I get a prize?  :icon_eek:
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

GGBB

I was thinking screen print because of the white lettering and grey moon on black background.
  • SUPPORTER

stallik

Nearly Gord, box is painted with BMW sparkle grey aerosol then it's printed on a UV flatbed printer at work. Finally, a couple of coats of clear lacquer. Unfortunately it takes ages to fully harden - witness the chip at top left. Even more unfortunate, we're selling the printer so I'm trying to think ahead and get as many boxes made as I can

Some of my others. You can see why I want to line up the knobs of the Gilmour.... Sad huh?

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

GGBB

Quote from: stallik on August 06, 2013, 03:28:49 PM
Some of my others. You can see why I want to line up the knobs of the Gilmour.... Sad huh?

Sad? No.  Absolutely killer looking? Yes!  The layouts really show off the graphics nicely.

The boxes - are those 1590BBs?  They look a little bigger.

• SUPPORTER

stallik

I get the boxes from Maplin in the UK, they're Hammond 29830PSLA according to the label hidden under the Maplin one. Dimensions are 120x95x34mm if that helps

stallik

Hi guys, I've modded the pcb to accommodate my preferred  box layout and wonder if you would check it over to make sure I've not made any stupid mistakes. I'm planning to use a regulated 12v supply as I would prefer not to have 240v on my pedalboard
Thanks

GGBB

I'll have a look soon (tonight?) - what did you change - just the footswitch?
  • SUPPORTER

stallik

Thanks Gord, yes just the switch but its late, I'm tired and getting dumber by the minute. I'm away for a couple of days, just wanted to post it before I went. Absolutely no hurry on this

GGBB

• SUPPORTER

Govmnt_Lacky

Just keep in mind Kevin that any "non transformer" based builds have NOT been verified.

Good Luck  ;D
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America

stallik

Thanks both of you. Hopefully, soon, at least one non transformer version will be verified. If not, I'll start again.
Building the board tomorrow using my new technique of printing the mask using a uv printer, etching then running the board under hot water. The copper expands slightly and the uv cured ink doesn't. So it just falls off.

stallik

Dry fit. It's as tight as a ducks ar*e in there but everything fits so far. Best order some components then.....

Govmnt_Lacky

@Kevin

Any progress on your build? Looking forward to hearing how it sounds  8)

stallik

I'm looking forward to hearing it too. Started populating the board but am awaiting delivery of some components. Soon I hope...

GodSaveMetal

Quote from: stallik on August 13, 2013, 05:11:17 PM
Hi guys, I've modded the pcb to accommodate my preferred  box layout and wonder if you would check it over to make sure I've not made any stupid mistakes. I'm planning to use a regulated 12v supply as I would prefer not to have 240v on my pedalboard
Thanks

YEAHHHH I´M looking for these, man and the layout, bill of parts ??? you will post soom ??? please post all the details man!! great idea!!!!

GGBB

Quote from: GodSaveMetal on September 01, 2013, 12:17:55 AM
YEAHHHH I´M looking for these, man and the layout, bill of parts ??? you will post soom ??? please post all the details man!! great idea!!!!

Complete build guide is here (click on "Download Document"): http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/main.php/v/diyuser/GGBB/The+Gilmour+Build+Guide.pdf.html
  • SUPPORTER

GodSaveMetal

Quote from: GGBB on September 02, 2013, 08:44:30 AM
Quote from: GodSaveMetal on September 01, 2013, 12:17:55 AM

Complete build guide is here (click on "Download Document"): http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/main.php/v/diyuser/GGBB/The+Gilmour+Build+Guide.pdf.html

THANKS!!!!!!!!!! it´s amazing!! :icon_eek:

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: stallik on August 24, 2013, 05:14:13 PM
I'm looking forward to hearing it too. Started populating the board but am awaiting delivery of some components. Soon I hope...

Any news?  ;D