Question about fuzz factory transistors

Started by Ghost Planet, April 24, 2013, 08:13:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghost Planet

I just finished my third build a fuzz factory clone. It flippin rocks by the way. I had the AC128 germanium transistors specified by the schematic, I also have a pair of 3AX310 transistors given to me by a friend who got them from small bear a number of years ago. The AC128s sounded ok, but the 3AX310 sound amazing. They have tons if gain compared to the ACs which were kinda sputtery. I wanted to learn more about the AX transisors but small bear doesn't list them and a google search doesn't return any results. Just wondering if anyone knows anything about them? Thanks.

smallbearelec

Those were samples that I got years ago when I was shopping. Other types will also work well, but you do have to tweak the bias on a breadboard beforwe committing to solder for best results. Search past threads here or see my How Tos for details.

SD

Thecomedian

its really all about biases. im sure the outputs for those different transistors read different in voltage/current in all areas of the circuit.
If I can solve the problem for someone else, I've learned valuable skill and information that pays me back for helping someone else.