Small Stone --> Color Up - Speed Fix?

Started by salicet, May 05, 2013, 07:14:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

salicet

Hello there,

I am currently modding my Small Stone (EC4800 version) with most of the general stuff (feedback control, dry/wet balance, volume drop, 4 stages to 2-stages/ low pass-switch, CV-in). First of all, thanks for the knowledge that is spread all over this forum, I've found a lot of useful information.

What I haven't found so far is any information on how to compensate the slowdown in speed when the color switch is up. Is there a possible way to fix that?

My other question relates the CV-Input. I would like to run the internal output of the LFO to a switched jack with the incoming control voltage going to the 100 ohms resistor, breaking the connection of internal LFO. The source of the CV would be the Gristleizer which outputs AC peaking max around 1,5 V.
What voltages are suitable (and uncritical) for the CA3094s? Should I add a resistor/trimmer or do I need something like a Zener diode? What value of voltage/ current should be the total limit?
Do I even have to worry about boiling the OTAs?

Thanks,
Best, Alex     

salicet

Ok,
I just installed the jack and seems to work without any additional resistor to the 100 ohms. I might be doing some tests with a sequencer putting out between 3-5 V.

Any idea on how to get by the LFO speed difference with the color switch engaged? Also, how could I make the general speed range wider? 2M pot or changing a resistor/cap somewhere?
Anyone?

Regards, Alex

puretube