**The DIYStompboxes 10-Year Anniversary Contest Thread**

Started by midwayfair, May 22, 2013, 03:59:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

psychedelicfish

OK, would anyone be offended if I were to sell my entry after the contest? I would offer it reasonably cheap on the forum first, of course...
If at first you don't succeed... use bigger transistors!

Jdansti

Quote from: psychedelicfish on July 07, 2013, 05:20:10 PM
OK, would anyone be offended if I were to sell my entry after the contest? I would offer it reasonably cheap on the forum first, of course...

Go for it, it's yours to do as you please!  Heck, if you want to detonate it, I think there are some folks on the forum who could help you with that.   ;D
  • SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

psychedelicfish

Quote from: Jdansti on July 07, 2013, 05:25:44 PM
Heck, if you want to detonate it, I think there are some folks on the forum who could help you with that.   ;D
Tempting, but I haven't been working on it long enough for me to do that... yet
If at first you don't succeed... use bigger transistors!

Jdansti

• SUPPORTER

Govmnt_Lacky

Any news on the official enters count?

Is it a contest yet?  ;D
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

midwayfair

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on July 07, 2013, 07:17:05 PM
Any news on the official enters count?

Is it a contest yet?  ;D

Oh yes, it's a contest. :)

I think we're up to 15 entries, at least going by the people posting on this thread, and either 13 or 14 actual entrants (because a couple people bought more than one entry).
My band, Midway Fair: www.midwayfair.org. Myself's music and things I make: www.jonpattonmusic.com. DIY pedal demos: www.youtube.com/jonspatton. PCBs of my Bearhug Compressor and Cardinal Harmonic Tremolo are available from http://www.1776effects.com!

Govmnt_Lacky

So that means you should have about 25 or so by the contest deadline. There is always a rush of people at the last minute.
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America

Perrow

I've payed for two entries, I'll be quite pleased if I manage to get one ready by the deadline.
My stompbox wiki -> http://rumbust.net

Keep this site live and ad free, donate a dollar or twenty (and add this link to your sig)

samhay

Quote from: Perrow on July 08, 2013, 01:30:30 PM
I've payed for two entries, I'll be quite pleased if I manage to get one ready by the deadline.

I see I'm in good company then.
I'm a refugee of the great dropbox purge of '17.
Project details (schematics, layouts, etc) are slowly being added here: http://samdump.wordpress.com

Vallhagen

midwayfair

My band, Midway Fair: www.midwayfair.org. Myself's music and things I make: www.jonpattonmusic.com. DIY pedal demos: www.youtube.com/jonspatton. PCBs of my Bearhug Compressor and Cardinal Harmonic Tremolo are available from http://www.1776effects.com!

Vallhagen

Quote from: midwayfair on July 09, 2013, 07:01:27 PM
Quote from: Vallhagen on July 09, 2013, 06:57:45 PM
too early for a teaser?

That's a lot of quad op amps again!

Argh yea. this one is almost killing me, a bit ambitious. I actually hit the max size for EAGLE free's pcb limit; it is 10*8cm^2. But hopefully it's ready for the unböxed test tomorrow.

:)

Jdansti

• SUPPORTER

Vallhagen

Quote from: Jdansti on July 09, 2013, 07:26:39 PM
One of your resistors is backwards...  ;D

Yep. Thats the rebel guy. Hes also upside down!

Govmnt_Lacky

@Bengt

I hope you are not planning to win with that Simple Boost circuit!!!!

:o  :icon_lol:  :icon_lol:  :icon_rolleyes:

Vallhagen

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on July 10, 2013, 07:58:11 AM
@Bengt

I hope you are not planning to win with that Simple Boost circuit!!!!

:o  :icon_lol:  :icon_lol:  :icon_rolleyes:

Me? oh man oh no! If it'd been an egg böiling Contest i would surely fight for a Place on the podium, but here... nah... i keep counting my zeros! 

artifus

~arph

Quote from: artifus on July 10, 2013, 12:07:54 PM
that's me out then

*throws in towel*

:P

Good.. I'll take him on... Come on.. Plain PCB material?

mth5044

I've got.. *counts on fingers* 10 purple PCB's in mine  :icon_lol: