**The DIYStompboxes 10-Year Anniversary Contest Thread**

Started by midwayfair, May 22, 2013, 03:59:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jdansti

Sorry-I think that somewhere in the rules it says no more than 9 purple PCBs. ;)
  • SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

~arph

samhay

I didn't realise I needed a PCB - I thought  dead dug-style SMD was going to be in fashion this comp.

I made some progress this week:

// DIYStompboxes 10-Year Anniversary Contest entry

#include "p24FJ64GA002.h"

Now that I have decided what I am going to use, I just have to decide how I am going to use it...
I'm a refugee of the great dropbox purge of '17.
Project details (schematics, layouts, etc) are slowly being added here: http://samdump.wordpress.com

~arph

pickdropper

Well, I won't be entering this year, but I will be contributing an etched enclosure which will be built into a pedal by Midwayfair.  I hope that a lot of people enter.

tuckster

Damn how did I miss this announcement?
I didn't built a pedal since the well known 1000 competition.
Maybe I should try to win this time :icon_lol:
  • SUPPORTER

Jdansti

• SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

GGBB

Quote from: pickdropper on July 13, 2013, 05:14:21 PM
Well, I won't be entering this year, but I will be contributing an etched enclosure which will be built into a pedal by Midwayfair.  I hope that a lot of people enter.

Oh - that is lovely!  Now I really wish I actually had a chance at winning something.  :icon_sad:  Thanks guys - I love the generous spirit around here.
  • SUPPORTER

pickdropper

Quote from: GGBB on July 16, 2013, 01:03:35 PM
Quote from: pickdropper on July 13, 2013, 05:14:21 PM

Oh - that is lovely!  Now I really wish I actually had a chance at winning something.  :icon_sad:  Thanks guys - I love the generous spirit around here.

From what I understand, there aren't all that many entries so far.  Right now, I'd say your odds of winning are quite reasonable.

Dave W

Quote from: midwayfair on July 07, 2013, 08:50:25 PM
Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on July 07, 2013, 07:17:05 PM
Any news on the official enters count?
Is it a contest yet?  ;D
Oh yes, it's a contest. :)
I think we're up to 15 entries, at least going by the people posting on this thread, and either 13 or 14 actual entrants (because a couple people bought more than one entry).
This should a be verrrrrrry interesting contest. Talented builders and nice prizes. I can't wait to see the entries...
That's where it's at.

~arph

samhay

I'm a refugee of the great dropbox purge of '17.
Project details (schematics, layouts, etc) are slowly being added here: http://samdump.wordpress.com

tca

Quote from: ~arph on July 17, 2013, 05:50:11 AM
Sneak preview:

Can we do that...  I mean, to tease fellow forumites, i.e., to steam curiosity in without affording satisfaction? :P
"The future is here, it's just not evenly distributed yet." -- William Gibson

~arph

Good question.. I will refrain from posting teasers (By the rules the build can not be posted before the deadline, but at what stage does it qualify as a build?)

midwayfair

What? Of course everyone can post teasers.

I mean, I did in the last contest. It would be hypocritical of me to tell people not to.

Just don't post something that reveals what the design or finished product looks like. Cropping is your friend. In ~arph's case, he posted some sort of tree sculpture, not a pedal. From what I can see, I mean. :D
My band, Midway Fair: www.midwayfair.org. Myself's music and things I make: www.jonpattonmusic.com. DIY pedal demos: www.youtube.com/jonspatton. PCBs of my Bearhug Compressor and Cardinal Harmonic Tremolo are available from http://www.1776effects.com!

~arph

Cool,

I have a great side shot too, but that shows COMPONENTS  ;D

My circuit is done, and up and running. Now I have over a month to finish the box. I hope I make it. (not to mention all the schematics, layouts and audio video demo's  :o)

bluebunny

Quote from: midwayfair on July 17, 2013, 08:37:01 AM
In ~arph's case, he posted some sort of tree sculpture, not a pedal.

Just what I thought.  Perhaps the teaser indicates ~arph is doing a whole forest?
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

~arph

pickdropper

Quote from: bluebunny on July 17, 2013, 02:39:26 PM
Quote from: midwayfair on July 17, 2013, 08:37:01 AM
In ~arph's case, he posted some sort of tree sculpture, not a pedal.

Just what I thought.  Perhaps the teaser indicates ~arph is doing a whole forest?

Worst/Laziest Photoshop ever.

artifus

ha! i used to love those pathetic 'indoor fireworks' when i was a kid.