News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Booster not working.

Started by mattlee0037, June 06, 2013, 11:36:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattlee0037

So I have Baby Pink Booster effect using http://tagboardeffects.blogspot.com/2013/03/bearfoot-baby-pink-booster.html this schematic.

Right now when engaged there is a volume drop and the knob has no effect through the full sweep. When the SPST switch is in the position where the SW1 and SW2 wires are connected that is what happens and the volume either drops out completely or to a ridiculously low level in the other switch position.

I will add voltages tomorrow.

Bypassed it works fine and the LED lights up fine as well.

duck_arse

so, a thread lost is now found.

before the crash, you showed us some voltages for the drain and source that were almost the same, no? and we said to check for shorts around those parts of yr board. any joy?

are you using the 2n5952 I saw on the mmolteratx schematic at http://revolutiondeux.blogspot.com.au/2013/03/bearfoot-bjf-baby-pink-booster.html ? from the spec sheet, it might not bias right, so it seems an odd choice for this circuit.
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

mistahead

Hahah - I actually guessed the personal investment in helping out on this one would have you find it Ducky.

I think we were still debating the correct pinout on the trannies and confirming the soldering on the "top side" of the board...  :icon_wink:

duck_arse

we were dabating the pinouts, and I lost but madstyne won, but that was on a different thread. watts, volts, degrees ......

and there is some progress there, less so here.

mattlee0037

To update you guys I found that they sent my the wrong transistor they sent me an n channel mosfet instead of a jfet or vice versa I can exactly remember, but it works now!

duck_arse

that's fantastic. also, "bastards!" for the wrong sender of parts.

mattlee0037

Yeah, I'm just happy that I got it fixed  ;D