How did this happen?!! (Decode of paramore)

Started by Rock_on, July 22, 2013, 12:40:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rock_on

Im soo confused, i watch the official many times trying ti figure this one out.

There are only four of them in the vid (i searched about them and they are actually 5; yah i know that the Farro brothers left but what i know is the Farro brothers were still there.. They left i think before the release of their (Paramore not the Farro bros) recent albums)

• Vocals
• Drummer
• Bassist
• Lead guitarist

If you listen to it using your earphones you can hear that the lead and rhythm is somewhat separated...

My question is where the **** did the rhythm part come from? Is it the bass with a splitter into two amps (bass amd rhythm)?

Or the rhythm part is recorded separately then insterted to the track?

Thecomedian

bass IS rhythm. drums are rhythm. melody is "main" guitar usually, and then theres "harmony". Do you mean there's a harmony guitar track? i think this is probably a question better asked in Off Topic, or you could ask a mod to move it.
If I can solve the problem for someone else, I've learned valuable skill and information that pays me back for helping someone else.

Rock_on

Yah, thanks for that..
Mr. Mods pls move this thread to the appropriate section.

(i wish mod would see this)

What i mean is the guitar that uses power chord it's called rhythm guitar isnt?

I think that it's the bass splitted then to bass and rhythm amp

But if i listened to it carefully, i know that it's not a bass it really sound like an electric guitar

(during the verses, the one that sounded like palm muted)

What's the answer to this mystery?? :D

WaveshapeIllusions

It's probably multiple guitar tracks. Even what sounds like just one might be a few layered guitars. It's a handy recording technique for filling out the sound. When there's only one guitarist, they record a few different takes for lead, rhythm, harmony, etc. Live, there's usually another guitarist there, but they hide 'em. :D

Rock_on

Quote from: WaveshapeIllusions on July 22, 2013, 04:22:22 AM
It's probably multiple guitar tracks. Even what sounds like just one might be a few layered guitars. It's a handy recording technique for filling out the sound. When there's only one guitarist, they record a few different takes for lead, rhythm, harmony, etc. Live, there's usually another guitarist there, but they hide 'em. :D

Hmmm, seems right.

Thanks for the answer! :)

mistahead

Quote from: WaveshapeIllusions on July 22, 2013, 04:22:22 AM

Or a DAT setup providing a click track to the drummer and the parts of the sound that they've added in studio but cannot reproduce live.

Every want to annoy a "full sounding" band - ask them what their disaster plan is for when the DAT/Backing track blows up mid gig mwhahahahahahahah  :icon_twisted: