POPPING SOLUTION?

Started by Lbzg, July 28, 2013, 05:15:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

duck_arse

not goons, gremlins, as seen in the photos previous page.
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

samhay

I have a solution, which is only moderately ridiculous. How about getting rid of the footswitch?
It can always be on and you can use a blend/mix pot to dial out the effect when you don't want it.
Only problem with this idea is that we might get a SCRATCHY POT SOLUTION thread in its wake.
I'm a refugee of the great dropbox purge of '17.
Project details (schematics, layouts, etc) are slowly being added here: http://samdump.wordpress.com

Lbzg

Quote from: seedlings on August 12, 2013, 01:13:09 PM
5k1 from input to ground, and output to ground?  That should not only kill popping, but almost kill the signal form your pickups (unless they're active).  If you used the 5k1 in series from input to the rest of the circuit, and from output of the circuit to the footswitch, I'm not sure how that might help at all.

I use 3p3t switches with a 1M resistor from the input of the circuit to ground, before the first coupling cap.  I believe this is fairly common practice.

Several posts back, I thought you were on track when you found leaking DC voltage from your amp's input.  What ever came of that? 

Have you tried connecting headphones to the output of your pedal(s), instead of connecting your pedal(s) to the amp?

CHAD

No it hasn't. Just reduced a bit of output on rebote + its9 (yes I have build them 2 in 1 box, again) but sound is amazing, like when you engage crybaby.

When I put 1m to ground nothing happens. Only smaller values does the something. :-)

One of you guys asked what happened to amp situation - I have ditched it.

I'm testing pedals trough the multifx bypass mode and from that there cannot be better testing ground. :-)

Jdansti

Quote from: bluebunny on August 13, 2013, 07:52:20 AM
Quote from: deadastronaut on August 13, 2013, 06:08:25 AM
heres a non popping pedal.. ;)

I bet it rattles, though...    :icon_twisted:

Not anymore-and it's now a "Honey Dripper" pedal... ;)
  • SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

aron

bluebunny

• SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

seedlings

Quote from: Lbzg on August 13, 2013, 12:13:15 PM
Quote from: seedlings on August 12, 2013, 01:13:09 PM
5k1 from input to ground, and output to ground?  That should not only kill popping, but almost kill the signal form your pickups (unless they're active).  If you used the 5k1 in series from input to the rest of the circuit, and from output of the circuit to the footswitch, I'm not sure how that might help at all.

I use 3p3t switches with a 1M resistor from the input of the circuit to ground, before the first coupling cap.  I believe this is fairly common practice.

Several posts back, I thought you were on track when you found leaking DC voltage from your amp's input.  What ever came of that? 

Have you tried connecting headphones to the output of your pedal(s), instead of connecting your pedal(s) to the amp?

CHAD

No it hasn't. Just reduced a bit of output on rebote + its9 (yes I have build them 2 in 1 box, again) but sound is amazing, like when you engage crybaby.

When I put 1m to ground nothing happens. Only smaller values does the something. :-)

One of you guys asked what happened to amp situation - I have ditched it.

I'm testing pedals trough the multifx bypass mode and from that there cannot be better testing ground. :-)

Awesome!  Can you share the pictures so we can all benefit?

Thanks,
CHAD

deadastronaut

https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

Jdansti

>
why the plethora of different ways to wire it when we ALL want non pop?.
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=3pdt%20wiring&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.46471029,d.d2k&biw=1484&bih=805&noj=1&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=_NMNUonxJOiX0AWQ0oDAAQ

Excellent use of Google Search!!!  I hearby bestow upon you, Deadastronaut, the title, "DIYStompoxes.comgooglesearchmasterofnonpopping3pdtwiringextraordinaire". Forever in the DIYSB kingdom shall you be known by this name; however, as this name is somewhat lengthy, you shall also be known by the shorter title of "Sir Nonpop".  ;D
  • SUPPORTER

deadastronaut

^ ha ha, i'm humbled by the title bestowed upon me, its  very emotional ...sniff sniff.... ;)
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

MrStab

i guess it could be worse - imagine having the King of Popping pedals.

Recovered guitar player.
Electronics manufacturer.

Jdansti

LOL- "The King of Pop"!  ;D
  • SUPPORTER

earthtonesaudio

ilcaccillo

Some more useful DIY non-popping pedals

ilcaccillo

Although I have no pops in this last pedal TELL ME NOW the Secret you are hiding to get rid of the shakery sound I get when I press this pedal.

You are all hiding it , I know!

Jdansti

I can only give you a hint. It involves a 1/4" drill bit. ;)
  • SUPPORTER

ilcaccillo

Quote from: Jdansti on September 13, 2013, 12:48:07 AM
I can only give you a hint. It involves a 1/4" drill bit. ;)

What do you mean by drill?
Can you provide a more detailed explanation or are you not sharing this?

Jdansti

Sorry, it's super secret; however, if you'll send me $500US via PayPal, that would probably persuade me to divulge the answer. ;)
  • SUPPORTER

ilcaccillo

Quote from: Jdansti on September 13, 2013, 01:25:43 PM
Sorry, it's super secret; however, if you'll send me $500US via PayPal, that would probably persuade me to divulge the answer. ;)

But I'm a Pedal Popping Illuminati associate member, can I have a discount?

Jdansti

Quote from: ilcaccillo on September 13, 2013, 04:43:02 PM
Quote from: Jdansti on September 13, 2013, 01:25:43 PM

But I'm a Pedal Popping Illuminati associate member, can I have a discount?

We do not even share the anti-popping secrets among the Pedal Popping membership. The price is now $600 and your first-born.
  • SUPPORTER