Ideas for a 4 knobs fuzz

Started by Crusty Crust, July 29, 2013, 02:15:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crusty Crust

Hi everyone,
Recently built a Fulltone 69 clone for a friend as a present, and was waiting for some Ge transistors. Unfortunately, none of them can be used and my friend needs a fuzzzzzz !
The enclosure is already drilled and painted, that's why I need you guys to throw some ideas for a simple 4 knobs fuzz for my friend.
Thanks!

induction

I made myself an Si NPN fuzz face with four knobs.  It's very similar to the Fulltone 69. 

The transistors are piggybacked 2N3904's.  The volume and fuzz knobs are as usual. The smooth knob adjusts for input impedances of different guitars and lets you put it after a wah. The bias knob adjusts from 2.8V to 6.8V on the collector of the second piggyback pair.  I use all four knobs regularly. The 100pF caps take the harsh silicon edge off. Alter the input cap if it's too woolly/not woolly enough. Futz around with the value of the bias knob and the 2k7 resistor to get the bias range you want.

LucifersTrip

Quote from: Crusty Crust on July 29, 2013, 02:15:20 PM
Recently built a Fulltone 69 clone for a friend as a present, and was waiting for some Ge transistors. Unfortunately, none of them can be used and my friend needs a fuzzzzzz !

what's the reason none can be used?
always think outside the box

Crusty Crust

Thanks for the input ! I ended up building a woolly mammoth  ;)