News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

IC OD lacks sustain

Started by Otsismi, July 29, 2013, 09:46:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Otsismi

I find that my lm741 overdrive circuit, while it produces wonderful distortion does not give me the increased sustain I get from pedals I try at the shop. I feel like the diode clippers are actually taking much of the leftover signal after initial attack and clipping it therefore it seams there is not sustain. Maybe I don't know what I'm taking about. Just thought others might have some insight

cruisemates

I am also just a beginner - but I can tell you I built the Brian May booster which has no ICs or Diodes - just a single NPN transistor - and I got an unbelievable amount of sustain. I found it hard to believe such a siumple circuit could be so effective but so far it is one of the best I have tried; including the DOD, the LPB and even a KLONe. Here is a link to it: http://www.beavisaudio.com/bboard/projects/bbp_BMTrebleBoost.pdf

Once again, I sure would like to see more answers in this forum, there is a lot of potential here.

vigilante397

Quote from: cruisemates on June 27, 2014, 06:07:58 PM
I am also just a beginner - but I can tell you I built the Brian May booster which has no ICs or Diodes - just a single NPN transistor - and I got an unbelievable amount of sustain. I found it hard to believe such a siumple circuit could be so effective but so far it is one of the best I have tried; including the DOD, the LPB and even a KLONe. Here is a link to it: http://www.beavisaudio.com/bboard/projects/bbp_BMTrebleBoost.pdf

Once again, I sure would like to see more answers in this forum, there is a lot of potential here.

First of all, welcome to the forum :) Second of all, both threads you have posted this about were questions that had either been addressed in prior threads and the author did not use the wonderful "Search" function before posting or they do not contain the necessary information (links, schematics, etc.) for forum members to give proper help.

Cheers  ;D
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com