MXR Microamp clone with Led Popping (from GGG)

Started by JPGraphX, August 20, 2013, 01:03:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kipper4

The reason I ask is because i once boxed up a son of screamer and the enclosure had not been grounded and it wasnt until i grounded the enclosure the pops went away.
Ma throats as dry as an overcooked kipper.

Smoke me a Kipper. I'll be back for breakfast.

Grey Paper.
http://www.aronnelson.com/DIYFiles/up/

JPGraphX

May be it looks suspect but this is the third time I resolder everything..

JPGraphX

I took Dc measurement again, nothing at input, nothing at output, I have a little bit dc from amp, like 8-10 mv, but this is my cheap amp, and I have the same problem from my good one, So I dont think it is coming from amp

JPGraphX

So: my pedal works perfect, LED isnt doing the pop, and I have tested all my parts, no DC from inout/output.. Damn!

Kipper4

So it works perfect with no pop outside the box?
Ma throats as dry as an overcooked kipper.

Smoke me a Kipper. I'll be back for breakfast.

Grey Paper.
http://www.aronnelson.com/DIYFiles/up/

JPGraphX

No, I have a pop outside the box, I meant, everything works well except I always get a pop whatever I do.

pappasmurfsharem

Quote from: JPGraphX on August 22, 2013, 05:43:01 PM
No, I have a pop outside the box, I meant, everything works well except I always get a pop whatever I do.

Someone stated earlier try without the switch.

So hyou will take thes and touch them together for the in out wires and jacks. if you get a pop then you know it's the switch.
"I want to build a delay, but I don't have the time."

JPGraphX

I'm not sure how to rewire everything? Do I have to remove everything on the switch? Please give me some hints

JPGraphX

mistahead

Think about how the switch works - it connects lugs inside it.

Just paperclip the appropriate lugs outside it.

duck_arse

looking at the circuit, R1 being the input pulldown is rather a high value at 22M. perhaps if you reduce this resistor to 1M thereabouts.
don't make me draw another line.

pappasmurfsharem

Quote from: duck_arse on August 24, 2013, 01:47:38 PM
looking at the circuit, R1 being the input pulldown is rather a high value at 22M. perhaps if you reduce this resistor to 1M thereabouts.

I think I did a 10M in mine with no issues, not that I thought there would be one of course.

JPGraphX

pappasmurfsharem