Author Topic: Rusty Box/Traynor TS50B - are these caps backwards? + any tips  (Read 24491 times)

MrStab

Re: Rusty Box/Traynor TS50B - are these caps backwards? + any tips
« Reply #80 on: September 12, 2013, 12:10:52 PM »
i took the charge pump out of the equation altogether, i think my camera's just a bit misleading with the LED brightness. i'm using 1K resistors (one via. Millennium Bypass) - i did some testing with the circuit load hooked up and it seemed like the right balance for this one. i went with red for lowest current consumption.

weirdly, since boxing, interference seems to have gone. i say "weirdly" because it's just unusual in my experience with RF/external interference. i straightened out the knobs a bit:

it's for my singer's bro-in-law, so worst-case scenario it's not an outright witch hunt if he doesn't like it. lol
(i was only recently informed that imgur is a hive of adolescent tomfoolery, but i'm too deep into the habit now)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 12:54:36 PM by MrStab »

psychedelicfish

« Reply #81 on: September 13, 2013, 06:18:05 PM »
Looks nice! Any chance of a sound sample?
If at first you don't succeed... use bigger transistors!

duck_arse

« Reply #82 on: September 14, 2013, 11:35:39 AM »
why wouldn't he like it? it's got knobs, switches, lights, shiny bright metal  .....
duck a-duckka not fade away .....

Kipper who?

MrStab

« Reply #83 on: September 14, 2013, 12:35:15 PM »
here's a coupla clips on a shit cam, with the pedal going into the front of the amp. i didn't think to record when actually trying it as a preamp. well, going straight through my amp's FX return at least - is a bit more defined that way, but the MG's preamp doesn't adulterate it too much.

please excuse the shitty improv, quality, the fact i'm using a guitar/amp and not a bass, and (what i hope was) hot glue residue which was since cleaned off. lol

MrStab

« Reply #84 on: September 14, 2013, 02:58:31 PM »
the dude just came  over and tried it into the Aux input on a Cube 30 Bass amp - much more beef. success!

jordan s

« Reply #85 on: March 07, 2014, 03:19:46 PM »
I wanted to say that I built this using the most recent strip board layout, mostly with spare parts I had laying around. I did need to use shielded cable for the input and jumper and change the value of C2 to get the noise down to a useable level. I'm using a 12V DC wall wart with a 6v regulator for vbias. So far, sounds awesome. We'll see how she teams up with my 1400 watt power amp tonight.