SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Simple Digital Delay

Started by nickbungus, June 28, 2019, 06:17:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leetut

Quote from: nickbungus on July 04, 2019, 08:52:38 AM
Ice-9, you're in Newcastle!!  I live in Birtley

I'm struggling to find a supplier of the FV-1 chips.  Cant find them from the recommended distributors.

I'm in Sunderland!

nickbungus

The North East Solder Sniffers!!
To the extreme, I rock a mic like a vandal.
Light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.

nickbungus

Going to repost this so its not lost on the bottom of the page :icon_lol:

I'm just finishing off the schematic and then I'm going to tidy it up.  I've got 2 isolated outputs for the 3 amp setup that route the signal back to the main output if a Jack isnt present to avoid ground hum.  Not sure if I need to add opamps to mix the signal back into the main output if there isnt a connection? 

Also, I think I'll add 3 external level pots.  Should help get the mixing if required.  (Also I've put the opamp as a LM324 but thats to be decided - I just put a quad on just in case I needed some to mix signals).

Also I've made a mistake with the switched Jacks and connected the switched signal to ground - sorry/

Digital Larry

I think Frank (one of the FV-1 designers) talks about using an anti-aliasing low pass filter between 2 chips if daisy chaining them, or in the feedback loop if it is external to the chip.  Something about preventing aliasing of out of band signals due to delta-sigma or sigma-delta or pi beta theta epsilon or one of those other fraternities.  I've never daisy chained my FV-1s so I'm not sure about it, but it would be good to know that this is not a problem before committing to build such a complicated beast.

Might be worth inquiring over at the Spin forum.
Digital Larry
Want to quickly design your own effects patches for the Spin FV-1 DSP chip?
https://github.com/HolyCityAudio/SpinCAD-Designer

Ice-9

Quote from: Digital Larry on July 18, 2019, 11:31:10 AM
I think Frank (one of the FV-1 designers) talks about using an anti-aliasing low pass filter between 2 chips if daisy chaining them, or in the feedback loop if it is external to the chip.  Something about preventing aliasing of out of band signals due to delta-sigma or sigma-delta or pi beta theta epsilon or one of those other fraternities.  I've never daisy chained my FV-1s so I'm not sure about it, but it would be good to know that this is not a problem before committing to build such a complicated beast.

Might be worth inquiring over at the Spin forum.

Larry, The schematic snippet I drew has the anti aliasing filtering in the schematic as per datasheet so should work fine.
www.stanleyfx.co.uk

Sanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same result. Mick Taylor

Please at least have 1 forum post before sending me a PM demanding something.

nickbungus

Ice-9

Quote from: Leetut on July 18, 2019, 06:38:03 AM
Quote from: nickbungus on July 04, 2019, 08:52:38 AM
Ice-9, you're in Newcastle!!  I live in Birtley

I'm struggling to find a supplier of the FV-1 chips.  Cant find them from the recommended distributors.

I'm in Sunderland!

What' s the odds eh! three of us all just round the corner from each other.
www.stanleyfx.co.uk

Sanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same result. Mick Taylor

Please at least have 1 forum post before sending me a PM demanding something.