Mosfets.. VN33AK?

Started by italianguy63, November 05, 2013, 01:27:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

italianguy63

I know nothing about Mosfets.  Came across a stash of VK33AK's at the electronics surplus house today.  Are they worthy of anything cool to build?

MC
I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

knutolai

wow searching "VK33AK mosfet" on google gives no results. Are you sure this is the correct name of the transistor?

EDIT: Ok so the title says VN33AK while your text says VK33AK. VN33AK is definitely the correct name of the two.
Can't find any datasheet for it on the webs, but from the info I got it's a N-channel Mosfet. A more well known N-channel mosfet is the BS170.
It might not work, but you could try using it in the AMZ Mosfet Booster or the Zvex Super Hard On.
Beware though that mosfets are relatively fragile.. no guarantee that it will work

italianguy63

Yep.  I was able to find basic data on it.  But, I have no idea what they are for.  It is a N-Channel Mosfet, 40V I think...
I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

knutolai

see my modified reply above

italianguy63

Sorry, my bad typo... Thinking Russian  :)  Too many N's, K's, etc.  LOL  :icon_mrgreen:

knutolai

duck_arse

You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.