Lovetone Flange With No Name - Clone Thread

Started by Shed_FX, August 18, 2007, 06:57:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alanp

The ?Flange is NOT true bypass, so if you're getting clean bypass signal then the pedal itself is working (or at least the buffer circuitry is.)

Pin 1 of the MN3102 should be getting +VA -- 8.86V according to Electricstorm's build docs. If it's not, trace back where you've missed something.

I used the BL chipset from Smallbear, sounds good.

hangingmonkey

Thanks alan, appreciate the help. Ill get tracing

Govmnt_Lacky

TIP:

Make sure you have ALL of the wires going to the daughter board. I fired mine up and I got no modulation...... only to realize that I missed the Ground connection to the board  :icon_redface:

Also, if you etched your own.... the traces on the daughter board are especially tight  :icon_eek: Check for bridges between the traces and for solder runs.

Good Luck!
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

hangingmonkey

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on November 19, 2013, 03:50:39 PM
TIP:

Make sure you have ALL of the wires going to the daughter board. I fired mine up and I got no modulation...... only to realize that I missed the Ground connection to the board  :icon_redface:

Also, if you etched your own.... the traces on the daughter board are especially tight  :icon_eek: Check for bridges between the traces and for solder runs.

Good Luck!

Problem solved.  It was a really thin trace on the daughter board - from the 330R to pin 1 on mn3102.  I remember after I etched it, I thought it looked suspect and was planning to jumper a wire but forgot.  Anyway, jumper added and getting signal now with the pedal on but couldnt do more than that last night as was late and sleeping baby.  Will try biasing tonight.

alanp

Dead cool :) I expect you to put my india ink to shame!

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: hangingmonkey on November 20, 2013, 02:43:59 AM
Problem solved.  It was a really thin trace on the daughter board - from the 330R to pin 1 on mn3102. 

Are you quite sure this info is correct? According to the layout and schematic.... The 330R is supposed to be connected to the MN3102 Pin 1  ???

Are you sure you didn't mean there was a bridge to the MN3207 Pin 3 or 4? Or even to the MN3102 Pin 2?

Definitely make sure the right ICs are in the right spots. And verify their orientation  :icon_eek:
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America

alanp

The Brown Wire connection to the daughterboard goes through a 330R first (R2), after which is VA. (It's separate from main board VA by that 330R.)

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: alanp on November 20, 2013, 12:04:11 PM
The Brown Wire connection to the daughterboard goes through a 330R first (R2), after which is VA. (It's separate from main board VA by that 330R.)

Correct. But, the way it is described, there should be a connection from the daughterboard 330R to Pin 1 of the MN3102. This leads me to believe either there was a mistake in the explanation of where the solder bridge was -OR- the ICs on the daughter board are not positioned/oriented correctly..... which is really bad  :-\

hangingmonkey

Ah, perhaps I didnt explain my post correctly.  There were no solder bridges, the copper trace from 330r to pin 1 of 3102 was dodgy, really thin and there was no continuity so I just added a jumper over that trace.
(on page 21 of the build doc, if you look on the etch, between pin 3 and 4 of 3207, theres a really thin trace going between the 2 pins - mine didnt etch that well)