Need help figuring out a killswitch for an empress delay

Started by jhr1948, November 30, 2013, 09:48:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jhr1948

Hi, I posted on a different forum only to remember this seems to be the better forum concerning diy/mods.

What I would like to figure out is if there's a way to put a switch on my empress vintage modified delay that kills the save function. I'm super clumsy live and the save button is right next to the preset button. I have ruined so many presets now that i've lost count. I want to see if there's a way to put a small on/off switch so I can turn the save button off when playing live. Posting a photo of the pedal with the switch circled

Here's 2 photos of the switch from the inside.  The first shows the switch in question (black circle around it). There are 2 red wires soldered and the second picture seems to show one wire says "save" and the other says "gnd".  Seems like an easy idea, but I am am a novice to mods.  I can follow directions and have done a few mods in the past with the help of experts.

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

UKToecutter

If you want to avoid opening the pedal every time you could break the connection to ground from the switch and attach a SPST switch to the case.
If your not bothered about opening it up you could just use a slide switch internally.
Just disconnect the ground wire from the save switch, connect it to your internal / external switch and run the other side to your save switch where you removed the ground wire.
ShumannPLL BOM
Reserve Boards

jhr1948

awesome UKToecutter
seems easy enough that even I can do it.   ;D

Thanks for the help