13700 Noisegate/Expander

Started by armdnrdy, December 12, 2013, 11:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

disabled_shredder

Hey so I have built the gate only using a 1k for r27 the status led and a tl071 and 2n5088/87 in place of stock transistors q1 is getting to hot to touch I am getting no effected signal but I am getting signal in bypass mode! I do not know what the voltages should be but will measure them and post. Also there are absolutely no solder joints I have checks dozens of times. Does anyone have any idea?
The wild man with a loaded gun and no plan. I'm not held back by rules, just don't know which ones to follow

armdnrdy

You did check the pin out of the 5088/87 right?

They should be facing the opposite way than the BC550s are depicted on the layout.
I just designed a new fuzz circuit! It almost sounds a little different than the last fifty fuzz circuits I designed! ;)

VahiD

hi , how can change the decay ? i want faster decay plz help

Mark Hammer

It's going to be either R22 or R17.  I don't know which.

VahiD

tnx its r17
lower resistor = faster decay

VahiD

what about other mods ? can anyone help ?

VahiD

why my clean signal change a bit with this pedal ? i have a bit of noise or gain or someting like this in my clean signal and TR1 is not working plz help tnx

VahiD

nobody can tell me why my signal is change ? if you can plz help me
Tnx all

POTL

Hello I came across this project on madbean's website
Someone compared this loudspeaker with ISP Decimator
Or is there nothing better ISP?

armdnrdy

I received a private message for the project file link that was deleted by dropbox.

As requested:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9eej1fsdldfs7ct/Noise%20Gate%20-%20Expander%20build%20PDF.pdf?dl=0
I just designed a new fuzz circuit! It almost sounds a little different than the last fifty fuzz circuits I designed! ;)

rankot

Anybody have an idea how to add attack pot to this gate?
  • SUPPORTER
60 pedals and counting!

jhergonz

a noob question, will the sound entering the LM13700 clip if the signal is too hot, for example, the sound coming from a Active pickups or clean boost.

I know it is recommended to put everything after this Gate, but just, what if?

StephenGiles

On 9v most probably but much less so using a dual + & -15v supply.
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".