Fuzzhugger AB-Synth Help

Started by ncusack, January 21, 2014, 01:48:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ncusack

Hello Everyone,

I'm wondering if anyone has experience with the Fuzzhugger AB-Synth fuzz/ctavish pedal? I manage to find a gutshot over on the freestomp forum

It appears to just be a BuzzBox with 2n5089 transistors. They added a starve control, a fuzz control from the output of the first Bazz fuss stage and what they call a trip control which appears to be a pot feeding the output back to the input of the circuit to cause the funky octavish oscillations.

I'm wondering if his circuit should be a simple drop in for the transistors or if I should be aiming for a specific HFE for each one or possibly matching the HFE for each one.

Any info about this type of circuit would be great.

Cheers,

Neill

nocentelli

Quote from: ncusack on January 21, 2014, 01:48:23 PM

It appears to just be a BuzzBox with 2n5089 transistors. They added a starve control, a fuzz control from the output of the first Bazz fuss stage and what they call a trip control which appears to be a pot feeding the output back to the input of the circuit to cause the funky octavish oscillations.

I'm wondering if his circuit should be a simple drop in for the transistors or if I should be aiming for a specific HFE for each one or possibly matching the HFE for each one.

You can't link to anything at FSB at this site, but you've described the circuit exactly.

I doubt any care is needed over the selection of transistors, hfe, matching etc. It's a noise-maker fuzz, based on a simple/crude DIY circuit and will sound good/bad whatever you use.
Quote from: kayceesqueeze on the back and never open it up again