Author Topic: Please let me know if you have built this project  (Read 376420 times)

TooManyHobbies

Re: Please let me know if you have built this project
« Reply #340 on: August 23, 2009, 03:02:29 PM »
Finished the pedal today. I'm probably going to go with 1590BB size enclosures from now on. Even for this simple project, the 1590B was hard for me to work with.  Pedal works great, though. Really happy to have gotten through building my first DIY pedal.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/41810781@N08/3848844519/

I haven't added any text/graphics to the box. I might do that later.

aron

« Reply #341 on: August 24, 2009, 04:43:12 AM »
Yes, always use a larger box than necessary when you are starting out.
Congratulations!

Aron

drivenover

« Reply #342 on: October 03, 2009, 07:41:52 AM »
I build this project using your parts kit.  Really turned out nice.
I get small clean boost with the control totally off.  Then increasing to huge boost, wildly distorted.

[/URL]

[/img]

Thanks tons!
I don't think the picture info is in correctly, but maybe they will work.
Mark

ArmOnFire

« Reply #343 on: October 03, 2009, 03:15:06 PM »
Success! I finished building mine today!

I also saw that if you install the transistor backwards (C where the E is supposed to be, and the E where the C is supposed to be, Base same for both) it will act as an attenuator, with no effect from the pot. I might actually have a use for it as an attenuator, so I can always flip the transistor back and forth for this use.

It does add distortion with the pot turned fully, but about 65-75% sounds usable to me.

Thanks, I enjoy this forum and I am trying to decide what to make next.

-Dan

aron

« Reply #344 on: October 03, 2009, 04:13:44 PM »
GREAT YOU GUYS!!!!!

« Reply #345 on: November 02, 2009, 12:18:01 PM »
Man, I built the hell outta this thing.

Thanks so much, aron.  I've wanted to get into effects diy'ing for years but it always seemed quite intimidating, and your beginner project was exactly what I needed to get me motivated.  I'll also definitely be referring back to your wiring diagrams (grounding the 9v -ve through the stereo jack?  That's ingenious, and I never would have come up with it)!

aron

« Reply #346 on: November 02, 2009, 03:13:19 PM »
Congratulations!!!!! I didn't invent a thing, everyone else helped me.
Try this booster with different amps, it really does sound good. Especially if you have single coils.

gfxbss

« Reply #347 on: November 05, 2009, 09:54:00 PM »
Took a couple of tries but I finally got it 100% working.  I've been doing mods for a while but this was my first scratch build.  Thanks a lot for running a great community and being willing to help anyone that needs it.

Tyler

pazuzu

« Reply #348 on: November 08, 2009, 05:05:17 PM »
hello, successfully put this together with the n2222 transistor. great starter project.

erupp

« Reply #349 on: November 11, 2009, 06:33:47 PM »
Hi Aron,

Took me a while but finally found time to build the NPN Boost kit.  Completed it today.  Once I got the footswitch installed right way up it worked perfectly.  My only issue is noise when using an external power supply.  It may be a problem with the supply as there is no problem using a battery.  Thanks for the kit and the good instructions.  Now its on to a fuzz box.

Ed

pazuzu

« Reply #350 on: November 11, 2009, 06:39:29 PM »
Hi Aron,

Took me a while but finally found time to build the NPN Boost kit.  Completed it today.  Once I got the footswitch installed right way up it worked perfectly.  My only issue is noise when using an external power supply.  It may be a problem with the supply as there is no problem using a battery.  Thanks for the kit and the good instructions.  Now its on to a fuzz box.

Ed

http://www.beavisaudio.com/bboard/projects/bbp_FilteredPSU.pdf?

Chainclaw

« Reply #351 on: November 28, 2009, 06:16:01 PM »
I got this finished today. The only issue I had was finding a 1/4" stereo input jack that matched the example. I found one at a different store and had the build running in no time.

I need to build an enclosure for this, but I'm not in a hurry. What I want to do next is build another stompbox, but a lot of the schematics I find are too complicated a step up from this. Any recommendations?

aron

« Reply #352 on: November 30, 2009, 12:35:28 AM »
Congratulations! Try the IC based project in the forum:

http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?board=33.0

insomniac

« Reply #353 on: December 05, 2009, 08:33:48 AM »
hey all..!

i've just finished my first npn booster project, seems like its working great :D

here are some picture for you to see, i'll be glad to receive some tips too :)

http://picasaweb.google.com/ronminis/Booster#

thanks a lot  aron!

ron.

aron

« Reply #354 on: December 14, 2009, 02:29:35 PM »
Good Job!

tfogarty

« Reply #355 on: December 30, 2009, 07:39:48 PM »
I built this on a breadboard, with a DPDT bypass/on switch!

Thanks Aron for the tutorial, this is going to be a kick-ass hobby.

-Tom
Main Gear: Fender CS 60' NOS Strat, Bogner Alchemist 110, Boss DS2, Boss CE-20, Ibanez WH-10 (original), Ibanez TS-9, L6 FM4, Whammy 4, Vox Wah, MXR Phase 90 Reissue/HW, Big Muff Pi w/wick  --- let me know if you want any info/pics of the board on these!

arawn

« Reply #356 on: December 31, 2009, 12:19:13 AM »
awesome work guys! Glad you have enjoyed this project.
other simple projects Jack Ormans Mosfet booster on AMZeffects, the Orange Squeezer, The EH LPB1+2
and remember there's a bunch of people here who can help don't be afraid to ask
"Consistency is the Hobgoblin of Small Minds!"

Gus Smalley clean boost, Whisker biscuit, Professor Tweed, Ruby w/bassman Mods, Dan Armstrong Orange Squeezer, Zvex SHO, ROG Mayqueen, Fetzer Valve, ROG UNO, LPB1, Blue Magic

tfogarty

« Reply #357 on: December 31, 2009, 08:51:05 PM »
And just put together a 2N2222 version of the fuzz face. its not as incredibly complex as it seems!  now preparing a large order of parts, i think radioshack limits you to just the power boost and a half-assed fuzz!

Main Gear: Fender CS 60' NOS Strat, Bogner Alchemist 110, Boss DS2, Boss CE-20, Ibanez WH-10 (original), Ibanez TS-9, L6 FM4, Whammy 4, Vox Wah, MXR Phase 90 Reissue/HW, Big Muff Pi w/wick  --- let me know if you want any info/pics of the board on these!

Overvoltage

« Reply #358 on: February 13, 2010, 09:23:46 AM »
I built this last week...and it didn't work!  :(
I checked the connections..fine, I checked the board...guess who needs lessons in reading resistor bands??  :icon_redface:
It's now working!
Thanks to everyone who posts on this board, I`ve learned a lot from you all.
Next...Breadboard the next project... ;D

aron

« Reply #359 on: February 13, 2010, 01:37:12 PM »
Congratulations!!!!!!!