My First Build - Noob Advice Required about components.

Started by steveyraff, January 16, 2014, 05:42:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mth5044

I'd imagine a lot of the problem is coming from when you turned the resistors in the schematic and didn't disconnect them, so the sides are still connected. It's hard for us to compare all the airwaves (but you can, if you have the time), but it looks like R3,5,26,29,40,41,43 all want their ends to be connected. As I said, the airwaves aren't wrong unless the schematic is wrong. So you're schematic is wrong, but since you changed things up on the layout, it may be correct EXCEPT the ground connections, which are definitely wrong. Perhaps that's the only problem? It's hard to saw which so much going on with the airwaves and the hard to read values and names.

Try connecting the R28-C23 and C10(?)-R37(?) airwaves with a jumper to see if it works. If not, I recommend starting over. What was wrong with the original layout? It looks very good.

steveyraff

Quote from: mth5044 on September 25, 2014, 12:06:06 PM
I'd imagine a lot of the problem is coming from when you turned the resistors in the schematic and didn't disconnect them, so the sides are still connected. It's hard for us to compare all the airwaves (but you can, if you have the time), but it looks like R3,5,26,29,40,41,43 all want their ends to be connected. As I said, the airwaves aren't wrong unless the schematic is wrong. So you're schematic is wrong, but since you changed things up on the layout, it may be correct EXCEPT the ground connections, which are definitely wrong. Perhaps that's the only problem? It's hard to saw which so much going on with the airwaves and the hard to read values and names.

Try connecting the R28-C23 and C10(?)-R37(?) airwaves with a jumper to see if it works. If not, I recommend starting over. What was wrong with the original layout? It looks very good.

Nothing wrong with it at all! It's great and I am still using it. But I wanted to learn how to use EAGLE and I just started with this design I already was familiar with - and now I would like to make an exact copy but then add some more modifications. I need to make a straight copy first (which I already sort of did), then change the layout around and add my mods then. Just doing it step at a time. Baby steps. I'm falling over a lot already though lol.

Thanks for the help so far guys - appreciate it!
Steve.

www.outlandstudios.co.uk

steveyraff

Yep - that's fixed it! See this is why I do these things - now I've learnt quite a few things from these noob mistakes.

Thanks everyone for your patience and great help as always!
Steve.

www.outlandstudios.co.uk