Author Topic: Please help me on this one, tone control for strat.  (Read 3176 times)

Havaden

Please help me on this one, tone control for strat.
« on: January 22, 2014, 02:42:06 PM »
So i am making my squier bullet a bit more mojo-ish, but and i cant figure this one out.

My strat will have 3 singlecoils and a 5 way switch, two volume controls and one tone control.

One of the volume controls is for the pickups. The other is for a piezo pickup.

But the tone control is only for the pickups and not the piezo. How do i do this?  ???
The piezo and pickup's output after the volumepots is the same so i cant put it there.

But If i put it before the pickup's volume pot, it will make no diffrence when the volume is maxed? :icon_neutral:

It's not always easy, but it's never impossible :D

Gibson SG Special worn brown 2006 (W. Bigsby b3)
Squier bullet fiesta red 2009 with a ton of care and mods.
Chibson LP Custom 2015 (Fixed broken neck)
Gibson LP Junior 2009

wavley

Re: Please help me on this one, tone control for strat.
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2014, 03:04:05 PM »
I've always thought of the tone pot as being in parallel with the volume pot so there's no real before or after unless you are talking about it being in parallel with the input lug or output lug of the volume.  I would just wire the tone pot as normal to the pickup volume pot, I'm sure there is a schem on the net for single volume/single tone for a strat.  Personally I would just wire them independently and connect them at the output jack and see what happens
New and exciting innovations in current technology!

Bone is in the fingers.

EccoHollow Art & Sound

eccohollow.bandcamp.com