News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

GCB-95 Mods

Started by fuzzyhead, March 29, 2014, 07:11:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fuzzyhead

Hey, I use a gcb-95 on my bass, and I'm just wondering what are some mods to make it better on bass or just plain better? Cause I know this a not specific for bass.

Thanks Guys!

Keeb

Well, when comparing the schematics, they're very similar. They changes are the cap in the feedback loop (bass 0.068uF and guitar 0.01uF) and the caps around the pot (Two caps, bass 0,22uF and guitar 0.001uF).

A very common mod for any crybaby is to change the feedback cap to change the sweep. Over at Geofex there's a schematic for making this cap switchable on a rotary switch (http://www.geofex.com/Article_Folders/wahpedl/wahped.htm scroll down to the "mods" section)-

This might be enough as it is and you can switch back to the standar guitar wah cap. This is a very useful mod even if only using the wah for a guitar. If this is not enough, the caps around the pot can be changed as well. I've never used a wah on a bass guitar and people who know wahs are sure to be able to answer your question better but here's a start...

fuzzyhead

italianguy63

As you can see in the schematics...  the .068 is used on the bass wah, .01 is the standard value, and the Zakk Wylde and some of the Hendrix ones use .022

MC
I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

guitarkill

I'm pretty sure that the bass crybaby is identical to the std crybaby except for the sweep cap (as noted .01uF  vs .068uF)
just another dude killed by his guitar