[Help] Current Lover MadBeanPedals

Started by Zipporello, May 03, 2014, 05:22:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zipporello

Hi all,

i want to build a mad bean current lover.

schematic: http://www.madbeanpedals.com/projects/CurrentLover/CurrentLover.pdf

i don't need a volume pot in this kind of pedal: how can i omit the volume pot? omit the "volume stage" and simply output my signal between R17 & R16?

really really thanks!  ;D

slacker

Yes you could do that assuming that the signal at that point is a suitable level, it might be above or below unity. The volume and tone could also be affected by the input impedance of whatever comes next in the chain.
I would just replace the volume control with a trim pot or fixed resistors set to what ever level you want.

Zipporello

Quote from: slacker on May 03, 2014, 07:18:26 AM
Yes you could do that assuming that the signal at that point is a suitable level, it might be above or below unity. The volume and tone could also be affected by the input impedance of whatever comes next in the chain.
I would just replace the volume control with a trim pot or fixed resistors set to what ever level you want.

thanks!

i'll need to have the same output signal amplitude as input.

;)

midwayfair

The volume is just a trim pot on that PCB. woops, derpaderpadoo
My band, Midway Fair: www.midwayfair.org. Myself's music and things I make: www.jonpattonmusic.com. DIY pedal demos: www.youtube.com/jonspatton. PCBs of my Bearhug Compressor and Cardinal Harmonic Tremolo are available from http://www.1776effects.com!

armdnrdy

Quote from: midwayfair on May 03, 2014, 08:54:06 AM
The volume is just a trim pot on that PCB.

This isn't quite so, You might want to take a gander at the PDF.
I just designed a new fuzz circuit! It almost sounds a little different than the last fifty fuzz circuits I designed! ;)

Zipporello

thanks to all.

i want to omit the volume pot for an enclosure dimension reason, but i need to have the same output amplitude as the input, without a volume loss.

is it possible, bypassing the volume stage and connect the output directly between R17 & R16?

really really thanks.  ;)

Fender3D

Hi Stefano,

short answer:
yes, EH did the same on some of their flanger pedals...

long answer:
the signal loss is somewhat a matter of "culo" as we say in Italy  :icon_mrgreen:
whatever comes next (be it a pedal or a low impedance input circuit such as amp's effects loop) will change volume and/or tone of your signal, in this circuit might also affect the feedback control!
Brian (madbean) usually tests its pedals carefully, if he decided to put there an output buffer, then he must have had its reasons...

BTW
if you're going to use its PCB you shouldn't have issues swapping the pot for a trimmer  :icon_wink:
"NOT FLAMMABLE" is not a challenge