attaching 9v leads to passive pedal designs

Started by 01downer, May 03, 2014, 03:08:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

01downer

Hey guys. Just curious if anyone could tell me how to install 9v battery leads to home made stuff like a b pedals true bypass loops and things like that. Just seems alot more convenient to run pedals like this off of batteries instead of using up a power supply source for this as it will only be powering the leds.

Im obviously still very new to building pedals and cant come across any diagrams showing how hardwire 9v leads without the addition of splicing them into 9v dc power jacks.
If anyone has a quick diagram for dummies showing how to do this i would very much appreciate it

Thanks

01downer

The negative attaches to the ring i see.... where would the hot go if i dont want to use a 9v dc adapter jack?

nocentelli

If by hot, you mean +9v, it should go direct to the LED resistor if you are going to leave out the DC jack.

The two positive connections on the DC jack are switching, so when a 9v DC plug is inserted into the DC jack, the connection to the battery positive is disconnected. This prevents both battery and DC adaptor power being connected at the same time.
Quote from: kayceesqueeze on the back and never open it up again

01downer

Thats what i needed to know guys.  Thank you very much!

armdnrdy

Quote from: 01downer on May 03, 2014, 03:08:01 PM
Just seems alot more convenient to run pedals like this off of batteries instead of using up a power supply source for this as it will only be powering the leds.

Just so you are aware.....LEDs are usually the largest current draw in the average stomp box design.  :icon_wink:
I just designed a new fuzz circuit! It almost sounds a little different than the last fifty fuzz circuits I designed! ;)

01downer

My apologies. I worded that wrong
I was meaning to say it seems a little more practical to use your 9v taps for pedals that wont work without being fed power and just stick batteries in these little guys and ifthe battery goes out at a gig its not a big deal since its passive and requires no power to "work"

Sorry for the confusion

duck_arse

you aren't restricted to 9V batteries. you can shove in 3, maybe 2 AA or AAA, will last helluva longer than a 9V. you need to scale the current limit resistor, but you already knew that.
don't make me draw another line.

01downer