WTB: WHITE 1590BB Enclosures. Source needed!

Started by steveyraff, May 19, 2014, 02:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveyraff

Hey guys,

I'm in Northern Ireland (UK) and I am in dire need of 1590BB enclosures which are already painted white. A few places I used to order them from no longer have any and haven't done for months now.

Does anyone know anywhere I can get some?

And yes, I do know I can just paint my own - but it requires me stocking up on various grains of sandpaper, wire wool pads, white primer, white top coat etc. I'd be out more money than it'd just take to buy more pre-painted ones.

If anyone knows I'd highly appreciate the info.

Cheers.
Steve.

www.outlandstudios.co.uk

bluebunny

Farnell and Rapid both do painted 1590BBs, but not white, so far as I can tell.  "Light grey" is the closest.  I guess not "light" enough for you...

Dr. Tweek has a "White coloured enclosure (large)", which might suit?  (His "large" enclosure looks very BB-like.)  The website link isn't working right, so I can't bring up the product page, but give Steve a shout for clarification.
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

steveyraff

Quote from: bluebunny on May 20, 2014, 04:39:58 AM
Farnell and Rapid both do painted 1590BBs, but not white, so far as I can tell.  "Light grey" is the closest.  I guess not "light" enough for you...

Dr. Tweek has a "White coloured enclosure (large)", which might suit?  (His "large" enclosure looks very BB-like.)  The website link isn't working right, so I can't bring up the product page, but give Steve a shout for clarification.

Dr. Tweek doesn't have any. Steve is my main supplier. I buy everything through him but he can no longer source the white large enclosures.

I have already seen the light grey but its not what I need.

Considering the enclosures I've been using up until now were from Dr.Tweek, do you mean that what I've been using wasn't genuine 1590BB's?  The only other place I've managed to find 1590BB enclosures that are painted white is on Small Bear, but they emailed me saying they aren't genuine 1590BB's so the dimensions may be ever so slightly different. But maybe that is what I've been using all along?

If so - its actually good news as I can just go ahead and buy from there. Has anyone in the UK bought from Smallbear in the US? How long does delivery take?

Steve.
Steve.

www.outlandstudios.co.uk

steveyraff

Scratch that - I just found out that buying 4 from Small Bear plus delivery to the UK costs just under $100.  :icon_eek:

Guess its back to local unfinished 1590BB suppliers and buy all the paint supplies myself. Sigh...  :icon_cry:
Steve.

www.outlandstudios.co.uk

twin1965

There were a few UK based guys over at Madbean Pedals forum that were selling powdercoated enclosures in different colours. Might be worth a look.

GoranP

I'm a bit further south from UK and I dont have more than a few unfinished boxes lying around but i do have my powdercoating setup and some white powder. if you arent in a rush, drop me a pm and we can mull over some options. if you are in a rush, there indeed are a few uk based guys doing powdercoat and i can hook you up. lemme know!