Colorsound Wow-Fuzz Layout Help

Started by rocket8810, May 21, 2014, 04:37:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joegagan

i saw your somment, .1nf seems WAY too small to sound right, but i have been wrong before.
i am guessing it was along ago misprint and was supposed to be .01uf, makes much more sense.
my life is a tribute to the the great men and women who held this country together when the world was in trouble. my debt cannot be repaid, but i will do my best.

Electric Warrior

Quote from: duck_arse on June 01, 2014, 06:52:50 AM
looking at the original lehrberg schem ^, the fuzz section input cap shows "0.1nF" . I woulda thort 100pF was way too small in front of a fuzzface circuit. anyone got a verified value here?

Why didn't you verify it yourself? Is nobody comparing schematics with gut shots anymore? It's not hard to find out that there's usually two 0.1µFs on the fuzz board..

rocket8810

Quote from: duck_arse on June 02, 2014, 10:15:56 AM
when in doubt .....
http://www.geofex.com/Article_Folders/wahpedl/wahped.htm
you will have read this page many times by now, of course.

tell me again, what do you need me for? did any of the waybackers note the fuzz cap value? it might be worth posting a redrawn and corrected circuit diagram, with your completed layouts, in a new thread, when the time comes. I'll look your latest tomorrow.

I read R.G's dissection of the wah so many times, but for some reason the schematic keeps throwing me off, as my understanding of the colorsound wah is actually fairly different when compared to the crybaby/vox type wah, otherwise I could easily get a pcb for the wah and plug in the right values, which is why I've begun this journey.....

Also, I started a new thread since there is so much in here that has incorrect stuff from the beginning of figuring this out.