OMG Fuzz Version 1

Started by WhiskeyMadeMeDoIt, July 18, 2014, 12:00:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

suryabeep

Aw man, this fuzz seems promising from the descriptions but all the picture are on photo bucket  so I can't see them [emoji20] could someone please repost them with a different image uploader? Also, Sound clips!
Still in the process of learning, so bear with me if I ask dumb questions :P

dv8r601

Quote from: suryabeep on August 27, 2017, 10:19:27 AM
Aw man, this fuzz seems promising from the descriptions but all the picture are on photo bucket  so I can't see them [emoji20] could someone please repost them with a different image uploader? Also, Sound clips!

Just build OP'S Vero layout. I did and it blew me away. Or go to effectslayouts.blogspot.com and there is a perf layout and pcb layout. This is the most amazing fuzz ever

GGBB

I have a tampermonkey/greasemonkey script if you use one of those plugins in firefox or chrome: https://openuserjs.org/scripts/gtranter62/PhotoBucketImageReplacer. Set up to work only on diysb but you can easily change that. One trick is that after you click the photobucket link you need to reload (F5) or you will still see the upgrade image.

• SUPPORTER

Plexi

Quote from: dv8r601 on August 27, 2017, 11:04:08 AM

Just build OP'S Vero layout. I did and it blew me away. Or go to effectslayouts.blogspot.com and there is a perf layout and pcb layout. This is the most amazing fuzz ever
Thats right!
David made an excelent work there
To you, buffered bypass sucks tone.
To me, it sucks my balls.

Cozybuilder

Another Photobucket casualty. I built a total of 4 of these, 3 in 1590A,s and 1 in a 1590LB. I sent the 1590A's to Michael to record, he still has them. The 1590LB is still one of my favorites.

Here are the docs for the as-built perf version. If I were to redo this, I would change the power scheme: instead of 1N4001, I would use a 1N5817 Schottky, followed by 47R in series, then 100uF electro and 100nF ceramic in parallel to ground.

Some people drink from the fountain of knowledge, others just gargle.

Plexi

Cozy.. amazing job!
I hate the veroboards...but your work made me reconsider it
To you, buffered bypass sucks tone.
To me, it sucks my balls.

Cozybuilder

Thank you! Vero is not my favorite either, but enough people use it I thought it was worthwhile to do a layout, and of course had to build it to verify. Most of my builds are on plain perf, with occasional PCB builds.
Some people drink from the fountain of knowledge, others just gargle.

Egon Juver

Hello, I'm from Brazil and I have a question: does the blue LED (first layout) work like a led flash or something like that, does it change the brightness (as if it blinks) how much do I play? If not, would there be any way to do it, then a led "blinking" in addition to the led on / off? I hope I have been able to explain my doubt ...  Thanks for any reply / info.reply / info.

duck_arse

Hello, Brazil, welcome to the forum.

the blue led - no, and maybe. it might flash sometimes, but it will be a disappointing effect. it is only meant to clip/bias the transistor, not provide visual display. there are some "sound to light" circuit things to find on this forum, tho, which might be the easiest way to do your thing.
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

Egon Juver

Thanks duck_arse.
I'll try to find something here in the forum then.

dv8r601

I love this circuit. It can tell you when clipping is going on but a lower Vf LED is needed. I tried a pair of 3mm IR(infrared-Purple) LEDs and they start lighting up and flashing as soon as the gain is past 9 o clock. I have 2 holes drilled in tg3 enclosure for them and they are like the seeing eye mod keeley does on the Boss DS1. But that said the Vf of these is nearly half that of the blue LED the scheme calls for.