this looks totally useful... and CHEAP!!

Started by pinkjimiphoton, July 21, 2014, 02:09:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pinkjimiphoton

• SUPPORTER
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
Slava Ukraini!
"try whacking the bejesus outta it and see if it works again"....
~Jack Darr

clipman3

Buzz

Wow, nice find.

If anyone ends up ordering one let us all know how you go with it.

I'm very interested but have done my dosh on fleabay too many times.

Looks like a very useful piece of kit.
I am the Nightrider. I'm a fuel injected stompbox machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the MIDI-controller!

pinkjimiphoton

i pulled the trigger on one, i'll let ya know how it makes out... may be a while, like, a 2 month ship time!! jeez!!
  • SUPPORTER
Slava Ukraini!
~Jack Darr

Jdansti

Looks pretty versatile. Let us know how it does.
  • SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

armdnrdy

I just designed a new fuzz circuit! It almost sounds a little different than the last fifty fuzz circuits I designed! ;)

italianguy63

Thanks guys.  I was just about to pull the trigger on one of these for $25.  You saved me 5 bucks!   :icon_razz:

Useful.  MC
I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

Jdansti

• SUPPORTER

armdnrdy

I just designed a new fuzz circuit! It almost sounds a little different than the last fifty fuzz circuits I designed! ;)

Luke51411

Interesting I might have to get one of these though I might wait to see if they get positive reviews.

Jdansti

Quote from: armdnrdy on July 21, 2014, 01:29:57 PM
Which one did you order John?

I ordered the one with the probe jacks that you found.
  • SUPPORTER

armdnrdy

I think that I might get that one too.

I was kicking around the idea of removing the tactile switch and jacks and extending them to facilitate putting this thing in a plastic project box.

I like boxing!  ::)

vigilante397

Quote from: armdnrdy on July 21, 2014, 02:49:25 AM
This one has jacks for leads to test components in circuit:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Transistor-Tester-Capacitor-ESR-Inductance-Resistor-LC-Meter-NPN-PNP-Mosfet/181161606431?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D23928%26meid%3D8465191503775906631%26pid%3D100005%26prg%3D10200%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D201087634115&rt=nc

And it's cheaper!  :)

I got one almost exactly like this and I love it. I really like the look of the big display screen though. Mine just had the little sockets we use for socketing transistors, etc for the test point, which I removed in favor of wires which I keep connected to my breadboard.
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

karbomusic

Ordered, yesterday, got an email this morning showing it as shipped. Fingers crossed.

pinkjimiphoton

• SUPPORTER
Slava Ukraini!
~Jack Darr

Kipper4

I bought a similar device two years ago when I started making circuits.
It measures some things well others not so well depending on the device.
but I find for quick checking componants before use in a circuit its really handy.
I bought the version with the little SIP pins and soldered some wires with gator clips on the back terminals so i can still take advantage of the pins
it has smd pads too on the front.
The gators are soon to be replaced, since I bought a batch of chinese hook probes.
I hope you find it works well for you all
Rich
On another chinese note. Yippee great news. My oscope probes arrived on the slow boat today. They look great. Al I have to do now is test them and all for the princely sum of a poorly octopus. Fwee shipping too
Ma throats as dry as an overcooked kipper.

Smoke me a Kipper. I'll be back for breakfast.

Grey Paper.
http://www.aronnelson.com/DIYFiles/up/

italianguy63

I think I would find it most useful for measuring caps that have funky markings-- when they are hard to determine the value.  That is my hope anyway.
I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

Kipper4

Mostly works fine on caps Mark. It may take a while to charge them up depending on the cap though.
Ma throats as dry as an overcooked kipper.

Smoke me a Kipper. I'll be back for breakfast.

Grey Paper.
http://www.aronnelson.com/DIYFiles/up/

karbomusic

Quotebut I find for quick checking componants before use in a circuit its really handy.

That's one of the reasons I ordered as I always try to measure what I can at build time so I don't troubleshoot for 3 hours after the fact only to find I misread or mispicked a component or value or have a bad component as far as values go. This won't be a cure all but it may be a "cure an awful lot more than not checking".

Perrow

This looks interesting, can't wait to see what you guys think of them.
My stompbox wiki -> http://rumbust.net

Keep this site live and ad free, donate a dollar or twenty (and add this link to your sig)