I am officially done, and it feels amazing.

Started by vigilante397, August 03, 2014, 11:46:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JRB

Nice work,

Interesting to see you got the exact same placement for your tuner and crybaby that I got my own board.

vigilante397

Quote from: Buzz on August 05, 2014, 03:22:20 AM
My greatest fear is that, when I die, my Mrs. will sell all of my gear.

For what I told her it cost.

Yikes, I've never thought of it like that :-\ I'm really hoping my children will be musical when they get older so I have someone to leave everything to.
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

Valoosj

When reading about you guys and your wives, this was all I could think of:

Quote from: frequencycentral
You squeezed it into a 1590A - you insane fool!  :icon_mrgreen:
Quote from: Scruffie
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

Jdansti

Nice work, Nathan!

Quote from: deadastronaut on August 04, 2014, 12:46:27 PM
re: women:  just buy it...too late. done.. :icon_twisted:

I pulled that trick last night and bought my first made in USA electric - a Gibson Les Paul. My wife told me to start selling some of my stompboxes-the ones that are already built.  :'(
  • SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

jimilee

If you're gigging regularly, why would you need permission? Secondly, you're a man, why would you need permission? If you want it, but it. If you know you really can't afford it, sell stuff and buy it. Personally, I really enjoy my hand built
Guitars, it's just not economical to build an amp for home use. There are other guys that can do it cheaper.

Jdansti

I don't gig except to sit in with friends occasionally. My musical interest produces no income. It's just a hobby.  Neither of us buys things we can't afford, she just sees four electrics, four acoustics, a bass, mandolin, banjo, several amps, and a bunch of DIY stompboxes as excessive. I could understand if I had five electric guitars, but give me a break!  ;)  ;D

On second thought, I should probably do like Nathan and sell a few things instead of hoarding.  ::)
  • SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

Buzz

It's quite easy to tell who has wives and who owns cats in this thread  :icon_lol:
I am the Nightrider. I'm a fuel injected stompbox machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the MIDI-controller!

bluebunny

Her: "Do you need all those guitars?"

Him: "Do you need all those shoes?"

:D
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

jimilee

Quote from: bluebunny on August 06, 2014, 03:06:07 AM
Her: "Do you need all those guitars?"

Him: "Do you need all those shoes?"

:D
Right! I told her, I don't have one like that though. I boughten last guitar cause it was blueburst and looked awesome!

jimilee

Quote from: Buzz on August 06, 2014, 02:08:45 AM
It's quite easy to tell who has wives and who owns cats in this thread  :icon_lol:
Naa, it's just that we're all adults. I married one like that, and divorced her after 15 years. Found one that we could both have mutual respect. It goes both ways. :-D not dogging anyone, "let me ask my wife" makes me nuts. She'll tell you the same thing. Sorry for the tangent. [ /rant]

wavley

Quote from: jimilee on August 06, 2014, 03:02:05 PM
Naa, it's just that we're all adults. I married one like that, and divorced her after 15 years. Found one that we could both have mutual respect. It goes both ways. :-D not dogging anyone, "let me ask my wife" makes me nuts. She'll tell you the same thing. Sorry for the tangent. [ /rant]

My wife and I have mutual respect, that's why I have to ask her if we have the money for big purchases and she does the same with me to make sure the other doesn't have plans for the money.  I tease, but we involve each other in big purchases.
New and exciting innovations in current technology!

Bone is in the fingers.

EccoHollow Art & Sound

eccohollow.bandcamp.com

Buzz

All meant in good fun. I think we're all adult enough here to rib each other and have a giggle. That's another reason to like it here.
I am the Nightrider. I'm a fuel injected stompbox machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the MIDI-controller!

jimilee

Quote from: Buzz on August 06, 2014, 05:48:35 PM

All meant in good fun. I think we're all adult enough here to rib each other and have a giggle. That's another reason to like it here.
Cool, I didn't want to come off wrong. I'm an ass but I am a fun one.

vigilante397

I think my wife and I would be less controlling over my gear purchases if we aren't dirt poor :icon_rolleyes: I'm a university student working part-time at a music store, she's unemployed and stays home with our 8 month-old daughter. So we don't have as much money to throw around as I like to pretend we do :P Trades do pretty well for me though.
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

petey twofinger

hats off to vigilante397 , thats excellent you accomplished your goal , and your work looks very very nice ! its really cool you are playing live with your gear too ... savor that . i am at about the same point the op is at , but it took me over three years . i am a slow old hack ,  i have been building for four people , we each have 2 rigs , indoor and then battery powered outdoor . i will continue to build a bit as i really do enjoy it , but i also have to limit myself because of health issues ( back pain)  , and other responsibility's . thats what i have been telling myself anyways ... lol .

i utilize my wife to talk me out of purchases i shouldnt really make . she "lets me" do what i want for the most part , because i am frugal and do not really spoil myself .

but ... she bought me a gr50 when we were dating ... and she enjoys making music as well . if i was a blitz-spender , cirucit-hoarder or spree-beast... i would think things would prolly be a lot different , although i built my share of useless turds to get to where we are at , unfortunately thats how it went for me , despite honestly really trying to become informed .

that being said , the best bang i ever got for my buck , when it comes to this stuff has to be the fernandes sustainer guitar i got used for 225 w/ a hardshell a few years back .

its really a great instrument , the sustainer , well naturally the guitar has ridiculous amount of  sustain , but i have crutched out on the sustaining pick up ... i am in love . if any of you run into one of these in good condition , used ... think about checking one out , they really are amazing tools .

anyway , thanks to aron , and all for contributing , helping me get to where iam at with this stuff . i tried a bit many years ago , and found myself in way over my head , preinternet days , this was a bit more of a challenge for me .

im learning , we'll thats what i keep telling myself