News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Need help!

Started by Kalcorp, August 21, 2014, 12:26:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kalcorp

Hi there, I am very new to this site and not very smart with setting up electronic circuits haha. Anyways, I have a personal Al project of my where I am running 8 electromagnet off of 12 volts and I want to control them by using a pedal. That pedal will give the electromagnet 0 volts when not being pressed, and then progressively more volts as you press it further. Also, only one electromagnet can be on at a time, so they will have to turn on and off in order, and the speed of which that pattern happens will increase and decrease depending on how far the pedal is being pressed, could someone please help me? I am lost when it comes to electronic circuits  ???

GibsonGM

Hi, this is quite a bit off topic from stomp boxes, ha ha, but I'll give you some quick info:

1)  Look into using a "wah shell", with its internal potentiometer, to gradually increase the voltage to your magnets.  Google.     This will let you use your foot to sweep forward, like a sewing machine pedal.

2)  You can probably get an Arduino and program it to step thru your magnets....at 'voltage = such and such',  output 1 is on, then off....output 2 on, then off...see what I mean?      Easiest way for you to do this is to get a micro controller and actually PROGRAM the steps.   Doing that electronically can be done, but probably is kind of out of your expertise right now, it looks like, if you're kind of lost.

3) find a friend with some electronics background to help you sort it out!  Good luck.
  • SUPPORTER
MXR Dist +, TS9/808, Easyvibe, Big Muff Pi, Blues Breaker, Guv'nor.  MOSFace, MOS Boost,  BJT boosts - LPB-2, buffers, Phuncgnosis, FF, Orange Sunshine & others, Bazz Fuss, Tonemender, Little Gem, Orange Squeezer, Ruby Tuby, filters, octaves, trems...