You guys ever make silly pedals?

Started by helloesposito, October 09, 2014, 01:50:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greenmachine

Quote from: duck_arse on February 26, 2015, 09:25:01 AM
that ABY is pretty close to fantastic, would be lost on a lotta peeple.

Like me for instance.  What's the significance of the image?

graylensman

Greenmachine

duck_arse

that is one o my all time favourite scenes in history, EVER! and the other day, I saw on the spanish news, they was overdubbing THAT VERY SCENE into spanish. I don't know why, but there you go.

rats_eyes - many years ago someone collected and drew a glossary pukeing euphemisms, I think it was peter bagge, might be one to look up.

eeyyyeeeeee!!!!, ain't got no bohhhh- deeeeee, yukatah chaa .....
don't make me draw another line.

Luke51411

Does this count? I'm pretty sure I've seen this theme done before but probably not quite like this.

duck_arse

semi-acoustic pussy - a big post

there is an australian blues man named Hat Fitz (and Cara), quite popular on the local blues radio programs. he's an important factor later in this story.

I had my original aluminium prototype 1590a size bend laying about for many months, all drilled and bracketed, waiting, holes all in wrong/bad places, but nevermind. I decided a boost of some sort would be small enough to fit, but a quick finish for the box?

about the same time was shown a build with a strange 'favourite cartoon' pasted on. having no such, I started casting about for a picture suitable. I thought of taking a photo of the green perf above a green motherboard, and wrapping that, and then cutting up the motherboard for the end covers, fantastic! the printing part becomes a problem, so ....

.... something to paste on suitable. I had been doing a load of 'cornflakes' packet pasting, for various diff things, and went looking. first thing I saw was a cat biscuit packet and the whole thing fell into place, a theme, if you will.

and I built a fetzer with a K30A fet and bright switch. nice internal sub-panels/spacers from recycled computer fascias for the jacks both sides (funny thing, I don't have enough space inside to start with, but then I use up some of what is there for spacings) had little rails on, so I used them as board supports and as positive stops for the foot plate. no gut shots, they were lost after the case was liquored up and lacquered down.

the whole project was a rough hack from the start, so when the usual gluing problems with corners and bends raised their ugly heads, I just ignored them, and added more glue. that's why the corners look a mess. the jarrah end panels are the left-overs from previous cutups, one is wafer thin and slanty, the f-hole is just a (an?)

and what do you think I called it, and why the blues man? well, you really should have put it together by now, and I'm quite proud of:

"cat fetz". Mr Fitz, if you're reading this, give me a hoy. if anyone here does that facebook thing and would point him to this post, I'd be grateful, it's my intention to send him the finish item, I have no use for it.

helloesposito

whoa! that cat one is awesome! the foodbowl is a nice touch too  ;D
I just started making da pedals!
I'm on da Instagrams as Madgekin

Cozybuilder

I found a couple of old PNP Germanium transistors in my parts bin, 2N1305 and 2N1499A. The gains were right so I decided to build a modified fuzz face using negative ground. The boost basically splits the Q2 collector resistor with a 2K pot (lugs 1 & 3) with the wiper as boost out, and 5K6 fixed between the pot and collector, with 1K2 from ground to pot- these values gave me close to 4.5V on the collector- YMMV. Normal out is at 1.2K / pot (lug 3) junction. Same tone, adjustable boosted volume, would work better on the board with a stomp switch rather than the toggle for selecting output. But a silly fun build!!

Some people drink from the fountain of knowledge, others just gargle.

tubelectron

Can those stomboxes of mine be considered in the silly category ?

The "Tin-Box" series :

The "Logo-Craze" series :

A+!
I apologize for my approximative english writing and understanding !
http://guilhemamplification.jimdofree.com/

Luke51411

Tubelectron, I might go with awesome or amazing over silly but certainly with an aspect of silliness.

Jdansti

• SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

tubelectron

Thanks Luke51411 !

A bit of light show  :icon_wink:

A+!

deadastronaut

@bruno, they are lovely...love that retro test equiptment look... 8)
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

duck_arse

A+! +1. (double-plus good?)

I think both you blokes have posted in the wrong thread.

tubelectron

Thank you guys,

Oh, I probably posted all that stuff some years ago when I was a bit more active on our forum, but I feel that's a bit difficult to retrieve the posted material on diystompboxes, sorry... So...

When I see the high grade and style of finishing that some of us are able to achieve here by etching, painting... I stay amazed  :icon_eek:, and unable to reach such a level. Congratulations  8)...

So yes, a bunch of old signs, logos, emblems and plates is a facility to make this uncommon and dependable "retro test equipment look..."  :icon_mrgreen:.

A+!

Luke51411

Quote from: tubelectron on June 16, 2015, 10:54:19 AM
Thank you guys,

Oh, I probably posted all that stuff some years ago when I was a bit more active on our forum, but I feel that's a bit difficult to retrieve the posted material on diystompboxes, sorry... So...

When I see the high grade and style of finishing that some of us are able to achieve here by etching, painting... I stay amazed  :icon_eek:, and unable to reach such a level. Congratulations  8)...

So yes, a bunch of old signs, logos, emblems and plates is a facility to make this uncommon and dependable "retro test equipment look..."  :icon_mrgreen:.

A+!
I think being able to build the aesthetic is a skill in itself regardless of how difficult or simple actually implementing it is, that is a great idea for a finished look!

bluebunny

• SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

darron

Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

bloxstompboxes

Love em both. But, I would feel guilty stomping on her crotch every time. Lol.

Floor-mat at the front entrance to my former place of employment. Oh... the irony.