News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

ADA Microcab

Started by Yazoo, January 14, 2008, 01:37:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcleanab

Thanks for the samples!

Yep, that's the cab settings on the MC for sure!

Do you also have the Thump and Hi Balance on your DIY version? 

And the V30 sounds really nice too!

Yazoo

Thanks, I was never able to compare with an original unit so it's nice to hear it came out right. Yes, I've got the thump and hi balance controls.

Smurf

With the new GCS-2 Guitar Cabinet Simulator & DI Box out now I can see where this project could be very useful, mainly because of the wide range of cab sims available to use compared to the new one.

Does anyone have a detailed parts list & instructions for building this? As a DIY who has been out of it for decades it would be nice to try this build out with as little drama as possible!  :D

Thanks in advance!  8)

Yazoo

I got the Microcab information here: http://www.adadepot.net/site/content/ada-microcab. They have all the schematics and layouts. I built mine on perfboard which was all I could do at the time.

Smurf

Thanks for the info Yazoo! I guess I'm off to see if I can get a grip on it.... :D

Smurf

Well, after studying the schematic, pricing parts & getting ready to pull the trigger I found a deal on a Microcab for $15 more than the cost of the parts!  :o

The owner said it had a broken DC In jack and power supply, but 3 taps with a iron in the in jack & 1 lose wire later I have a fully working unit.....outstanding!  :icon_cool:

tanai

Hi Yazoo!
I'm just reading this post and I'm very interested in building my own microcab. Thanks for the pictures, layout and soundclips.
I couldn't find the original schematics on the links posted above, it seems the links are no longer there.
I could use your layout but there are not values for all the components.
Does anybody knows where to find the schematics?
or Yazoo, would you be able to share the bill of materials for your version?
Thanks!

StephenGiles

Quote from: tanai on November 22, 2014, 10:47:43 AM
Hi Yazoo!
I'm just reading this post and I'm very interested in building my own microcab. Thanks for the pictures, layout and soundclips.
I couldn't find the original schematics on the links posted above, it seems the links are no longer there.
I could use your layout but there are not values for all the components.
Does anybody knows where to find the schematics?
or Yazoo, would you be able to share the bill of materials for your version?
Thanks!

Here you go!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/uj2785v1veekdtl/ADA-Microcab-schematics.zip?dl=0
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".