SD1 Alternative Bleed Fix!

Started by 01downer, November 20, 2014, 12:52:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

01downer

Hi everyone. Tried using the search function but couldn't find an answer

Does anyone know of a simpler way to cure the bleed thru on the sd1's other than the diode cap and j201 method?
I've tried other methods said to have worked but had no luck

So far ive tried swapping r18 and 19 to 4.7k and changing c11 to 100uf with 1uf in parallel
Changing c11 incrementally from 100uf up to 470uf
J201 in Q2 and Q3
All methods have failed.

I've heard a couple different guys have cured the bleed issues without going the diode cap transistor route

Supposedly keeley cuts a trace to fix it and another company just use a j201 with a jumper wire placed somewhere that supposedly fixes the issue

Please forgive me if this is a stupid topic or something that i should already know. Im just a hobbyist thats only been modding pedals for a little over a year so im not as skilled as most of you guys probably are

But if anyone can tell me of an updated less cumbersome way of fixing the bleed thru i would be very grateful!

Thanks everyone

aion

I did this a few years ago, and after a ton of research I found that this was the best and most reliable method:

https://sites.google.com/site/cctsim/home/boss-sd-1-bleed-fix

I prefer the second implementation further down the page. It's not as simple as cutting a trace, but I guarantee it'll work!

01downer