Maestro FZ-1A

Started by goatsounds, February 17, 2015, 02:52:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cozybuilder

For signal caps, as DA indicated, polypro is worthy. You might consider the Wima 1uF 50 volt cap (40 cents)
http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/WIMA/MKS2B041001C00KSSD/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMv1cc3ydrPrFwgzP98AO9idwFKwdAiDxsI%3d
Some people drink from the fountain of knowledge, others just gargle.

Quackzed

I'm holding my breath and crossing my fingers for ya' Riinehart...
nothing says forever like a solid block of liquid nails!!!

Riinehart

You guys are the best!

Ordered the caps, will put them in as soon as they come and will keep you posted.

Huge thanks again.

duck_arse

me too, quackzed.

(also, congrats on the upgrade to all 5 doughnuts.)
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

Riinehart

Huzzah!!! It's alive!

My most sincere thanks to you all, especially duck_arse and Quackzed. I could not have gotten this thing working without you.

I ended up ordering the tropical fish caps from Small Bear, and they finally arrived today. As soon as I put them in, everything was fine. In fact, it sounds quite a bit better than I remember. Maybe the caps were degrading for a while?

Anyway, huge thanks. I hope I can return the favor someday. And hopefully this thread helps someone down the road, too.

Cheers!

Quackzed

Ahhh, Satisfaction!!!   8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

nothing says forever like a solid block of liquid nails!!!

Riinehart

Ha! Yes! Exactly!! Thanks x1000!!!

duck_arse

now you can show us a photo of the working thing, insides esp. and good work (and get in and measure all the transistor voltages, for the database .... ).
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

Riinehart

absolutely -- will do.

which legs of the transformers should i measure? all of them?

anything else that would be helpful?

Riinehart

OK, here are the voltages at the transformers with the pedal (finally!) functioning normally:

Q1c: -1.29
Q1b: -.6
Q1e: -.6

Q2c: -.77
Q2b: -.06
Q2e: 0

Q3c: -1.19
Q3b: -.01
Q3e: -.6

I hope I've measured and written them correctly. If something seems out of whack, just let me know. I wouldn't be surprised if I made a mistake.

If there is anything else that'd be helpful to post, just let me know.

Here's a pic.