my 12au6 preamp schematic

Started by mountianjustice, March 10, 2015, 07:43:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mountianjustice

Here is my 12au6 cathode bias preamp schematic it has a very clean clear sound and a massive volume boost. It is running from two separate power supplies. The heater supply is 9vac@400ma and the plate supply is 32vdc@1560ma. It is rack mounted with both transformers inside the 1 space rack unit and a 120vac plug out the back. I added a big muff pi style tone stack and a standby switch that cuts the power from the 32vdc supply and switches to bypass, but the heaters stay on so its ready to go when flipped back on. I also built a 12au7 version into a stompbox it runs @ 18vdc 2.23a and has massive amounts of gainy distortion any one see anything that could be improved upon im open to suggestions.
http://s1381.photobucket.com/user/mountianjustice/media/my%20design%2012au6%20preamp_zps1guefzua.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

GibsonGM

Cool! Where's the sound clips?  ;)
  • SUPPORTER
MXR Dist +, TS9/808, Easyvibe, Big Muff Pi, Blues Breaker, Guv'nor.  MOSFace, MOS Boost,  BJT boosts - LPB-2, buffers, Phuncgnosis, FF, Orange Sunshine & others, Bazz Fuss, Tonemender, Little Gem, Orange Squeezer, Ruby Tuby, filters, octaves, trems...