UBE Screamer blend mod

Started by soggybag, January 18, 2022, 10:21:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

soggybag

I the UBE screamer runs the signal from the input buffer through Rx to mix it with the distorted signal. The build notes suggest choosing a value here based on your guitars output, 100k for single through 220k to 470k for humbuckers.

I thought I'd experiment by replacing Rx with a pot. Of course I made the beginner mistake of omitting a series resistor to allow the mixer to work properly when the pot is at a low resistance.

Here is the original schematic:

Here's what I'm guessing I should have done, but my first try omitted R13.

MikeA

For some reason I can't see the URLs in the first post.  I am logged in, and soggy (OP) can see them.  Can anyone else? 
  • SUPPORTER

FiveseveN

They're not loading for me on Chrome because of issues with HTTPS: ROG gives ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID and your site returns ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH.
Quote from: R.G. on July 31, 2018, 10:34:30 PMDoes the circuit sound better when oriented to magnetic north under a pyramid?

duck_arse

don't make me draw another line.

MikeA

Thanks duck_arse, I can see see the URLs in your quote.  Thanks FiveseveN, I'm using Chrome as well and getting the same errors, duh, I didn't think to look. The forum is HTTPS and the URLs point to HTTP and Chrome won't mix them.
  • SUPPORTER

soggybag

Thanks for spotting that! The images were visible to me making hard to debug.

PRR

Isn't this why Aron installed the PostIMG mod? To help with link-rot even if only protocol-caused?

Quote from: soggybag on January 18, 2022, 10:21:07 PMHere is the original schematic:

Here's what I'm guessing I should have done, but my first try omitted R13.

• SUPPORTER