SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

some of my stuff

Started by mykaitch, March 20, 2015, 06:37:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mykaitch

Blagstar is a vero version of Blackstar DUAL HT with a few mods

KopyKat is Merlin's Smalltime
Fazer is a phase 90 (with an extra stage)
The Peavy was a Deuce cab. I choopped it and then added an all valve front end.
(Red is standby blue is on)

Amp with test load (which melted) is a 1000W transistor amp I built for my Disco (Groovy)

Luke51411

Great stuff ! I love the repurposed boss style pedals> I have one like that I've been meaning to do something with... I love the amp as well!

mykaitch

Quote from: Luke51411 on March 20, 2015, 10:53:46 AM
Great stuff ! I love the repurposed boss style pedals> I have one like that I've been meaning to do something with... I love the amp as well!

Not Boss, I made them from the usual boxes. If you find me on Imagur (mykaitch) there is a full description of how to do it.
Thanks for the compliment

Luke51411

Quote from: mykaitch on March 20, 2015, 12:17:48 PM
Quote from: Luke51411 on March 20, 2015, 10:53:46 AM

Not Boss, I made them from the usual boxes. If you find me on Imagur (mykaitch) there is a full description of how to do it.
Not boss... Even cooler!

Elijah-Baley

Quote from: mykaitch on March 20, 2015, 06:37:10 AM
Blagstar is a vero version of Blackstar DUAL HT with a few mods

Can you link us the vero layout? I would like have it. :D
Thank you... and good job! :P
«There is something even higher than the justice which you have been filled with. There is a human impulse known as mercy, a human act known as forgiveness.»
Elijah Baley in Isaac Asimov's The Cave Of Steel

~arph

287m

great stuff man

4 thumbs up and hats off from me and my little brother

mykaitch

Thanks for the comments guys! As to vero layout, well its a bit complex for that, I will post some pics and you'll se why. I started with the Dual HT pedal and reduced it to one channel, removed the tone control and put in my own. Then I fiddled with the PSu a bit. finally a mod so that wnen switching between OD/clean there is no gain change. A blue led behind the valve lights up if you play through the pedal ie not bypass. I had to fit a fan to get rid of some heat from a ww res I used on the valve htrs. apart from that its a standard pedal :)

I will be trying to get rid of the fan soon. BTW the grille is a section from an old crutch. I filed the slots and covered it with chrome tape - close up it looks real. The cructh was easy to get because the guy had two so when I grabbed one and ran he couldn't chase me. :icon_razz:

Benoi31

Nice!
Where did you find the Boss like enclosures? Are they real boss enclosures ?

mykaitch

The boxes are the usual ally boxes (1509??) we all use. I came up with an easy way to make them Boss-like. There is a link in a post above that shows every step to do this. I have no special tools apart from a 3mm tap. You just need a bit of time (two or three days  max),
The labels are simply printed on a good quality paper from my PC. The trick is to cover them with a thin clear plastic film and cut the corners as I have --  it is the corners that get caught and lift them otherwise. Double sided tape holds them on. Easy to do and hardwearing./
The rubber on the pedal is ciut from the anti-static mat on my bench :icon_rolleyes:
Inside is vero. I could maybe squeeze at bty in but I prefer an outside supply.

Elijah-Baley

Quote from: mykaitch on March 30, 2015, 05:53:42 AM
[...] As to vero layout, well its a bit complex for that, I will post some pics and you'll se why. [...]

Ok! ;)
As you wish, anyway. I am just curious. :P
«There is something even higher than the justice which you have been filled with. There is a human impulse known as mercy, a human act known as forgiveness.»

mykaitch

I just read what I said. DOH!!!!
I didn't mean it was complicated so nobody would understand it, I meant it would be complicated to do a layout.
When I build I tend to look at the space, decide it I can fit it and then do it. There are all sorts of ways to pack stuff
very tightly on Vero but the cost is that it is impossible to draw. I WILL take it to bits for pics and sorry if I offended anyone. :icon_redface:

Elijah-Baley

Benoi31

QuoteThe boxes are the usual ally boxes (1509??) we all use. I came up with an easy way to make them Boss-like. There is a link in a post above that shows every step to do this. I have no special tools apart from a 3mm tap. You just need a bit of time (two or three days  max),

How do you cut the aluminium enclosures so nicely? Circular saw?

mykaitch

Quote from: Benoi31 on April 08, 2015, 07:48:21 AM
QuoteThe boxes are the usual ally boxes (1509??) we all use. I came up with an easy way to make them Boss-like. There is a link in a post above that shows every step to do this. I have no special tools apart from a 3mm tap. You just need a bit of time (two or three days  max),

How do you cut the aluminium enclosures so nicely? Circular saw?

Somebody (thanks) put a link in a reply above to my pics of making them. I only use a file and a hacksaw. To make the big cut out where I fit my pedal thing I do use a jigsaw because I can't be bothered to do it the hard way--its a bit dicy because the aly cuts like butter...
BTW the pedal is a black ABS box cut down to fit. The real trick is to use car body filler to fill all the gaps before you spray (with a can).

Benoi31

Thank you for the informations!

tubegeek

Quote from: mykaitch on March 20, 2015, 12:17:48 PM

Well done!
"The first four times, we figured it was an isolated incident." - Angry Pete

"(Chassis is not a magic garbage dump.)" - PRR