Univibe clones

Started by Crawford, December 10, 2019, 06:46:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crawford

Hi,haven't been on the forum for years but thought I'd post about building univibe clones,I've built a few neovibes in the past and then built madbeans Warhead vibe, then decided to give the Forum vibe a go, contacted Brad to buy a board but when he found out I was from Glasgow,Scotland he sent me a board for nothing as , he I believe lived here for a while, that was 2013 and I've just got round to building it. I've stuck a short clip on YouTube of the forum vibe, warhead and my recent purchase the Vibe machine v2 from DRYBELL, I think they all sound good, and a belated thanks to Brad for the free board, Crawford.

https://youtu.be/HqY6rWZ9aoM

willienillie

That Forum Vibe sounds amazing, especially with whatever fuzz you're using.  (Which is what?)

Care to elaborate on any specific component choices?

Mark Hammer

We spent about 9 days in Glasgow a few springs back, and loved it.  We were staying not far from George Square, so I just had to stroll over to Guitar Guitar on Trongate and check them out.  A distant relative who lives there works on product demos for Fender.  His folks are situated in Giffnock.  Both friends and relatives have kept me supplied with those wonderful M&S sugar-free candies you can't get in North America, but damn I miss those fresh pain au raisin swirls i'd get from Sainsbury's for breakfast.  And I do wish we had a street as hip as Buchanan.  That place rocks.

Crawford

The distortion is Madbean t-bagger (Fulltone RTO clone) and delay is a boss did-6, the ldr's are from banzai in Germany the ones they specifically say are the best for univibe clones and they're flat to the board with a small reflective box on top made from card and self adhesive aluminium foil on the inside, runs off 18v supply, installed the rate led and a cancel toggle switch,parts are what I had,it began as the vintage version but ended up a mixture of caps,made the power board inside from turret board as I can't etch anymore(no laser printer),hope this helps and thanks for the nice comments.

Hi Mark,thanks for clearing that up about Glasgow wasn't sure if Brad stayed or lived here and yes it is a good city with good people although my brother prefers Florida and lives there , don't blame with the rain we're getting as I type this 😮. I've already thanked him but can you thank him for me again,hope you enjoyed the clip, thanks Crawford.